Sign in to follow this  

Turkish Women, all that is needed to know

Rate this topic

Good afternoon Gentleman, and Ladies.

I'm actually a fellow Iraqi-Turkmen, that resides in Canada. A summary about me, before I start. I'm a student on my final year of studies in Information Security Management (securing systems from hackers). I've been with some women here in Canada, there has been many faults and/or I've not been satisfied with them. My mother has always pushed me to be with a Turkish woman, or any of the Turks across Central Asia & Mongolia (see Turkic council).

Thus, I've come to this forum to seek people who may help me to understand precisely how Turkish women are. I'm hoping any of you can help by answering any of these: 

• Personality
  • Appearance
  • Behaviour
  • Reactions to certain opinions (political, psychological, movements, ideologies of other sorts, etc.)
  • Thoughts on Western Philosophy, and Culture
  • How to approach the women
  • Family environment (how they are with children & families)
  • Sense of Freedom, Achievement, Good Will, etc.
  • Prime goals and passion

As I come from the Western world, my mentality is very far from the Islamic (Erdogan) Era of Turkey.

What I gathered about Turkish women from online sources is they are:

• Friendly 
  • Caring
  • Jealous
  • Family-oriented
  • Sometimes cultured and/or traditional

I personally describe myself as very secular in thought, but very judgemental. My personality trait is ENTJ (if that helps) but rather Ambivert, than extrovert. As we all know, Turkey lacks in education as per the OECD survey, and although some of you may question why I mention this, it's because it affects conversations greatly. I require very intellectual conversations, but I also need someone who is "feminine" that is kind, caring, as I do seek to have a family someday. Now I'm not saying I will pursue a relationship immediately, however, I do intend to consider dating in Turkey in the near-future. All your thoughts, opinions would be great, regardless of criticism. I may be able to answer some of your questions if needed.

I thank you all for taking this time to read this post. 

Hi Levent, welcome to Turkey Central.

Help to "to understand precisely how Turkish women are". Well that's a question about women from any country that men from any country would like an answer to. There are just too many variables such as:

• social background
  • marital history
  • experiences as a child
  • experiences with men
  • what their mother told them
  • what their friends told them

etc etc. The list is endless would be the same for men.

And women would probably like the same information about men, though in my experience women usually think they know everything anyway.

If you find anyone that can explain women (or men) then you've probably found a liar or an idiot.

The answer is that no two people are the same so you have to make your own opinion.

This is an impossible question to answer as there are so many different societies here in Turkey. We have known educated Istanbul socialite ladies who are prejudiced, village ladies who are open and questioning. the people in our village here are not all the same even though their experiences have been. I think that to look for a lady of a particular race will restrict you from finding someone who is truly suitable for both of you. It is more likely that you will find a true partner in your area of expertise and work situation if you are not threatened by them.