Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Temporary visitor permit

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Technically, yes. But it might be impractical. What you are talking about is a visa.  According to the location you have in your profile I assume you're a US citizen. You can get a visa online which has a duration of 180 days. However, with that same visa, you can only be in Turkey for a total of 90 days at any given time. See the 90-days in 180 days guide.

If you want to stay longer, you will need to get a short-term residence permit. This would require you to prove that you have a residence (it can be a hotel), that you have health insurance which meets certain requirements, and that you have enough money to live on while you are here.

It can take a month or more to get a residence permit, however, if your application has been accepted (you should do this as soon as possible within 60 days of your visa expiration), and you have an appointment with the General Directorate of Migration Management (where they will go over your documents and ask you a few basic questions), you can remain in the country and use your residence permit application printout even after you have spent more than 90 days in country.

I hope that helps.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...