Lina

Looking for a primary school in Antalya

Rate this topic

Hi every one , 

i’m looking for a good rated international primary school in Antalya , I came across many on the internet websites “ but can’t decide .. any help plz 

The only international school I know of in Antalya is ICCA. I talked to a friend of mine who teaches there and he also said it was the only one here.

There are two branches in Antalya, which you can find here:

ICCA School Antalya

Hi ken ::

thank u so much , but I’ve heard that it’s not an international school any more ?!! 

By the way , I called İSTEK Koleji and I received an email about availability for my kids .. but there is another school (( Doğa)) I haven’t got the chance to contact them yet but it seems good as well ,, so can u help me decide which one better ?! 

You know how hard it is to choose between schools from miles away .. 

really appreciate ur help .

I would definitely visit the schools and ask for a tour, see how much English is being spoken, ask to see some textbooks. Often schools say that certain subjects are taught in English but in reality they are taught in Turkish.

Hi ken ::

thank u so much , but I’ve heard that it’s not an international school any more ?!! 

By the way , I called İSTEK Koleji and I received an email about availability for my kids .. but there is another school (( Doğa)) I haven’t got the chance to contact them yet but it seems good as well ,, so can u help me decide which one better ?! 

You know how hard it is to choose between schools from miles away .. 

really appreciate ur help .

I will tell you what a teacher, in Antalya, told me about this.

There are no "international schools" in Antalya. ICCA was the only school which followed the Cambridge curriculum and was accredited by them. It still offers a "dual curriculum," that is, 50% in English and 50% in Turkish. The English side of things still mostly follows the Cambridge style of education, but the way things are now, the entire curriculum must follow the Turkish curriculum.

The above is what he told me. If you have any specific questions, please let me know and I will ask him for you.

Unfortunately I can't help you with that, but I can ask around for you. Just reply with what you need to know and I will try to find some answers for you.

Wow great information ken ..!! 

Thank you very very much . . My husband will be in Antalya this week to visit the school and check on the curriculum , talk to teachers  then we can decide . Meanwhile if we need any help I’ll contact you :) 

have a good day 

I think your experience would be very helpful to others, so if you would post about it and what you learn, we'll have some better answers here in the future. :) I wish you the best and hope you find the right school.