wbtcpip

Errors During Online Renewal of Residence Permit

Rate this topic

Hello, did you encountered a problem like mine? It's a bout 2 days that my renewal procedure stop when i click NEXT on the passaport information page.

See the attached pictures:

2017-12-02_224249b.jpg

2017-12-02_224131.png

Hi

As far as I know the system has not worked using English for a long time. If you try to complete any page in English you get this Technical Failure message. You have to use Turkish. Everyone I have spoken to recently has had the same experience. If your Turkish is not good you can switch each page to English to work out what each input field requires but you must switch back to Turkish to complete each page.

I cannot understand how the authorities can allow this to go on month after month creating so many problems for everyone including themselves.

Yes, Graham is correct, I recently helped a friend with hers, we had to do it in Turkish. I attended her interview with her and explained about the error. They are aware of it but that does not help those who are applying at the moment.

thank you for your replies, infact i was able to complete the procedure in turkish but it's really unprofessional to have a non functional english web site, it would be better to remove the english version as it's complete useless

hello,

after apply for my residence permit extension i remarked a difference between turkish and english in the documents required by the directorate:

2 . Pasaport veya yerine geçen belgenin aslı ve fotokopisi <--- here they ask for a simple passport photocopy

2 . Notary public approved photocopy of passport <---- while here they ask for notary approvation

How do you proceed? do you go for notary approvation of the passaport?

Also the house rent contract is not in the list but i know they require it. Is this right?

They need to see your actual passport, and they need a certified copy of it for the package. So you will need to take your passport to a noter. He or she can photocopy it on the spot and stamp and sign it, or tell you to come back in a short time.

If it's a renewal of your residence permit, the information I got directly from the Antalya General Directorate of Migration Management was that you can send a Yerleşim Yeri ve Diğer Adres Belgesi (Place of Residence and Other Addresses Document), from the Nüfus ve Vatandaşlık İşleri Müdürlüğü (Citizenship and Population Directorate, or "nüfus."

Each district of each city has a nüfus. They can print one out for you, then you go to a central desk, where they stamp and sign it, and you pay a small fee. You should go early in the morning when they first open at 9:00, because they can get pretty crowded. They typically have a "take a number and wait" system. Be sure to check the address on the document to make sure it's the same one you entered into the system.

If you are missing anything or something is inadequate, they will contact you by SMS message and/or e-mail.

It is confusing because after the numbered list of required documents it does in fact say under "Common Explanations"

If you are staying in a rental house with a rental agreement, attach a notary public approved copy of your rental agreement to the application documents.
A couple we know in Istanbul didn't spot this and didn't send anything in about their house they were renting but still got their Ikamets back fine.

I too noticed the difference in requirements for the passport compared to the Turkish and English. In previous years it never used to say it had to be notarised and now it does but only in the English version. I cannot understand why, if you have the same passport number for 10 years, they need to see a notarised copy every year - you have to enter an expiry date into the system so it should be pretty clear when a new passport will be presented.

As far as the rental contract is concerned I was tempted just to send a  Yerleşim Yeri ve Diğer Adres Belgesi. This really should be enough because the Mudur at the Nufus Mudurlugu  has seen with his own eyes the actual contract you have and has updated their records so there should be no need for the expense of notarised copies. Last month we spent a total of 410TL for 2 copies of a notarised contract, 2 passport translations and 2 notarisations of the same passports they had seen the previous year - none of this expense should be necessary. 

And another thing, if you have to go for an interview what is the need to have anything notarised? The officer is looking at the original anyway. He could take a copy there and then if he wants.

A couple we know in Istanbul didn't spot this and didn't send anything in about their house they were renting but still got their Ikamets back fine.

I went to the Antalya DGMM and asked their Director of Communications and Harmonization about this. He told me that for the first application, which always requires an appointment, that a notarized copy of the rental contract is required. However, for renewals, the document from the nüfus will suffice.

if you have the same passport number for 10 years, they need to see a notarised copy every year - you have to enter an expiry date into the system so it should be pretty clear when a new passport will be presented.

I noticed that too. And have presented a non-notarized copy. However, because of problems with the system I had to go for an appointment, even though it was a renewal. I have yet to be able to mail my documents.

Just a tip which has helped me in the past. On an notarized document there is a stamp on it with a number. Rather than getting a new copy, you can just show the original document to the noter, and they will pull up the original document and re-certify that.

And another thing, if you have to go for an interview what is the need to have anything notarised? The officer is looking at the original anyway. He could take a copy there and then if he wants.

That is also a mystery to me! Neither of them are likely to have been trained in forensic document examination, so what's the use? I have no idea. I am reminded of an old military saying: "Just eat it and live."