Bevan287

Divorce in Turkey - advice please

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice please. I am a British citizen and have been married to a Turkish man for three and a half years. Unfortunately things have changed a lot since we were married and I am now looking at getting a divorce. I am currently in the UK and he is in Turkey. I have a couple of questions and would really appreciate some advice.

Do I need to return to Turkey for the divorce or can I stay in the UK during the process? Would this be the same for all types of divorce or only uncontested as unfortunately I don't think he will agree to the divorce.

Do I need the red family book to be able to start the divorce proceedings?

Can anyone recommend any good lawyers?

I'm sure I have other questions but at the moment they are the main ones and can't think of the others right now.

Thank you

Dear Bevan,

You do not need to come to Turkey to start divorce process in Turkey if your partner is not willing to divorce by agreement. 

You do not need a family book since your marriage registered in Turkey. Therefore we need your patner’s I.D. information,especially I.D. number,which is stated at I.D. card or passport. 

I am myself a family lawyer you can ask your further questions trough whatsapp&mobile +905079767304 or mail to info@sengulerhukuk.com since your situatiation includes privacy .

And  please do not hesitate to ask to Ken who is founder of Turkey Central for my credientials as a lawyer.  

Best Regards

Zelal Senguler

Attorney at Law