thomasarm

American/Turkish Visa Ban Lifted?

Rate this topic

Hello friends, 

As you all are probably aware, there was/is a diplomatic row between Turkey and the US in which visa services were suspended. I received word that visa services have resumed, but I am wondering about Americans getting tourist visas. I am hoping to marry in Turkey soon and my parents want to visit. Does any one know how to contact the embassy, I tried calling but they directed me to their website. 

Thanks as always, and sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere. 

Best wishes,

Thomas 

As far as I am aware the visas are only being considered for Medical and educational purposes at the moment. the situation will probably change soon, once the handbags have stopped being swung. Good luck.

Haha, well said, and I think you're right. Thanks for your response. 

Does anyone know how to best contact the American embassy, I tried calling but it seems like they just want to direct you to their website,which didn't seem to help. 

Does anyone have any experience with contacting the embassy in Ankara or İstanbul? 

Thanks! 

You might try calling the consulate in Izmir. I don't think they are very busy--I went there a month ago and I was the only visitor there at the time. You could find the numbers with a Google search.

9 hours ago, Ken Grubb said:

You might try calling the consulate in Izmir. I don't think they are very busy--I went there a month ago and I was the only visitor there at the time. You could find the numbers with a Google search.

Had to stop by there last year as well to get my Son a new US passport as his had expired while travelling (luckily we had his Turkish passport!).  Since we were in Turkey & they are so close it was ALOT easier than trying to accomplish this while stateside...extremely helpful & almost zero hassle (see below).

They are not very busy but are sometimes hard to reach...and the office is somewhat hard to find if you're not familiar with the Alsancak area.  The primary communication was via email for me though. 

Pertaining to your situation, they may not be of much assistance:

The Izmir Consular Agency provides a limited range of services to the American citizens living in and traveling in the Izmir consular district. Izmir Consular Agency is unable to assist with questions related to Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas. Please use this link only if your question involves an American citizen emergency, obtaining a United States passport, registering the birth or death abroad of an American citizen, or obtaining the services of an American notary public. Questions pertaining to visas must be directed to Non-Immigrant or Immigrant Visa Units to receive a response.

https://tr.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/contact-izmir-consular-agency/

Best of luck...let us know what happens.