PeteJF

I have now left Mersin.

Rate this topic

We no longer have our Mersin apartment having moved out three weeks ago. My wife is staying with her sons in the small Istanbul flat we bought for them. I have returned to England and my wife is applying for a UK spouse visa, the three week priority visa service is no longer available so it will take two to three months for her to get the visa. Our intention once she has the visa is to sell the Istanbul flat and buy another in or near Antalya as her sons can find work there more easily.  I over stayed my Turkish  residence permit by a couple of days but have been told this will not be a problem as I was not medically fit to travel: I had had influenza followed by  secondary bacterial pneumonia and pleurisy that required a four day hospital stay during which I  had various antibiotics and lots of tests done.

The visa consultant booked my wife's visa interview for Friday 27 October but gave me the paperwork to take to England to post to the Sheffield visa centre as she said the post from Turkey is very slow and unreliable. 

The tenant who was renting a room in my Bristol house has decided to join her parents in France so I will have to find another tenant soon.

Hopefully my wife's visa will not take too long to be approved and she can join me in England in the new year.

We hope to get an apartment in or near Antalya next year, my step sons will live there, I and my wife can come back for holidays, maybe escape the English winters. Antalya will be easier for me to get to from Bristol than Mersin was as there are direct flights from Bristol airport.