Chauncy

Retired US military

Rate this topic

Due to the recent changes in policy (2013/14-ish)...Incirlik no longer allows it.  Families are no longer allowed.  US mil are no longer allowed off base.

Due to security concerns, I will not post any thing relating to any other bases in Turkey.

To Fenereniste:  My wife is Turkish as I met her at the "Lik" back in 1988u and got married to her the same year. I had to get a pre-marital spouse investigation done on her by OSI due to my TS clearance.   How is Kizkalesi (Castle by the Sea)?   And Tarsus, Karatas, and Yurmatalik?   Great I hope !   How long have you guys been married?   Have you travelled to other places besides Izmir and Adana?   I did four tours in Turkey back in the day, 2 in Izmir and 2 at Incirlik.   Then retired from the USAF.   Turkce biliyormusunuz?   Insallah biliyorsun....yoksa cat pat Turkce biliyorsun (lol)   Man I would love to go back to Turkey again,,,could easily fly Space "A" via a USAF C5 Galaxy transport aircraft or fly commercial --it does not matter.   Hangi takim tutuyormusun?   Which soccer team in Turkey is your favorite?    Probably Fenerbache !     And not Galasiray or Besiktas..   Talk to you later (Sonra gorusuruz) Fenereniste !   P.S.   Benum avratim Konyalimis (My old lady (wife) is from Konya).   

Oh cool.  Been married over 10 years now.  I've been all over TR with exception to the Marmara region.  Did back to back Izmir tours, left & went back and bought property in 2017.  You can go back freely w/no restrictions commercially, but now Space-A is pretty much non existent since the Lik is on lockdown.  Fenerbahce is my favorite.  Gule gule!

Late to the party here, but was medically retired in 2014. DId one year at the mail terminal in Istanbul with a few TDY's to Incirlik. Have since moved back. If anyone is in Istanbul or what to meet up, DM for my cell. It's a Turkish number. 

All the best! 

Justin

On 02/04/2019 at 10:44, Ken Grubb said:

Next time I'm in Istanbul I'll give you a call... perhaps we can meet up for a chat.

Ken,

Sounds great, I'll DM my cell. 

All the best!

Justin