Sign in to follow this  
Ahmad. Laf

Getting my Turkish driving license

Rate this topic

So I have just received my Turkish residence permit and I wanted to apply for a Turkish driving license.I haven't had any driving license so im a new driver.also I checked that they need my school certificate and sone other stuff which I already have.but the thing it says they also need criminal record check for getting driving license. Where should I get the criminal record for driving license? 

You mean get your criminal record from your home country? Yes. Most countries have a central place where you would get your criminal record, and you should be able to get instructions for how to do it from their website.

But there is a second step. You will need to have an apostille attached to it to verify that it is genuine and that it actually came from the issuing authority, or it will have to be passed through government channels. If your country is a signatory of the international apostile convention there is one method, if not, there is another. You can learn about it here:

Also see this article which explains the process for getting your criminal record from Turkey:

Once you have it, with or without the apostille, it will need to be translated and notarized by an official translator and a Turkish notary.

So here is thing .according to the researches that i made from living four years in this country you should first go to one of the Istanbul's driving institutes and provide them your documents such as your ( Criminal records,health certificate ,school certificate and an eye sight test and few photos of yourself) and you get to train with them and complete the first aid test.theory test and other stuff that they require from you.and after you pass all the tests you should bring everything and give it to a police station or something like that. but whats in my mind is that i want to get my criminal record from Istanbul without going to my home country ( Iran ) . according to what you said in your articles i can just go to Emniyet and ask them for a criminal record for my license .. is that true ?

I don't know where you would go in Istanbul, but I suggest you open a separate topic, asking that question, in the Istanbul forum.

We have ten members who are "following" the Istanbul forum (you can see the number at the top right of that forum). If you post the  question there, all ten subscribing members will get an "alert" e-mail letting them know that a new topic has been posted there, with an invitation to visit the forum and reply.

Those same members probably are not subscribed to this forum.

I seem to remember that you get it from the court house. I got mine from the local court house (Adalet sarayı) mine was in Sarıyer. They call it a Temiz karti (clean card), there was an extra charge if you wanted it in English (eg for applying to work overseas).