Sign in to follow this  
Allison

I am American, He is Turkish and Lives There.

Rate this topic

This is a crossroad for me.  I am American and live in the U.S.  I have been corresponding with a very nice gentleman that is Turkish and lives there.  We haven't met in person yet, but we e-mail sometimes up to 5 times a day. We've grown increasingly fond of each other, so much so that he would like to come to America and marry me. I don't want to think with my heart with this because I've heard some horror stories.  Like using me to obtain a Visa, or wanting money. I really need some information regarding all of this. I'm being very cautious and not one to just jump into something without researching it. We're both middle-age with adult children.  I welcome any information about Turkish customs, lifestyles, religious beliefs, etc.  We've known each other now for over 2 years.

I think everything that can be said about this situation has already been said. Please have a look at the other topics in this forum for other peoples' experiences.  It might also help if you ask specific questions, since they will be more likely to receive a reply. :)