Sign in to follow this  
IbrahimAbi

Low impact Tourism

Rate this topic

Dionysus, the son of Zeus, is the god of viticulture, fertility, wine and ecstasy in ancient Greek myth. Music, songs, dance and wine would always be in abundance in the places where he set foot.

For this reason, the rooms of the Dionysos Hotel, located in Alıç, in the Marmaris district of southern Turkey, were labelled with the names of various kinds of wine

I found this article interesting. I have not been to the hotel, so it is not a personal recommendation. I enjoyed the sustainable approach to tourism  and found it refreshing. The following sentence says it all for me:-

'Ultimately, the Dionysos Hotel will not be for you if you are someone who changes your bikini five times a day and wears high heels with your swimsuit, as the people there are not really interested in seeing others or being seen by others'.

source:  http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/another-kind-of-tourism-is-possible.aspx?PageID=238&NID=117425&NewsCatID=507