Nour

Residing in Istanbul

Rate this topic

Hi,

which district is good for family residence in Istanbul and Ankara ,As i leave my family (wife and 3 kids ) in Turkey for some time on long term residence.kids (girls) are school going so which area is safe for living in Istanbul and Ankara.

i need reviews for both cities.

thanks

There are so many different district in Istanbul, I wouldn't even know where to start.

As with everything, its best to take a visit and see which area interests you most.

When I came to Izmir the first time in 2007, I was single & wanted to be in the mix of things.  So I chose Alsancak as that is the main area for going out & entertainment.  Now that I have returned some 10 years later w/a family my needs changed.  Sure I want to be in a trendy area, but I want the best of both worlds.

If I had my choice, I'd be living in Karsiyaka on the other side of the bay lol...but my sons school in on the opposite side of the bay, closer to my current residence.  Although there is a car ferry to the other side...it's not something I want to deal w/on a daily basis.

I recommend visiting...maybe find a good realtor & take some trips around the areas.  Good luck!

In Istanbul Sariyer up by the black sea is an interesting and safe area. It has a mix of housing types and rents will be variable. They are used to foreigners in this area and it is close to walk to the Bosphorus and has good transport links.