Private Turkish school for foreigner

Rate this topic

Hello Nour, welcome to the Forum. There are many private schools but they are very expensive. The teaching will be in Turkish language. generally schools that teach some subjects in the English language are often called 'kolej' but even then you cannot be sure that they will teach in English once the door is closed. Does your daughter speak English?

Thanks Ibrahim, I am looking for the schools in Turkish language , my daughters speak English, they will take time to learn Turkish but will succeed In Sha Allah.

i am just afraid from the state schools behaviour with foreign students .

also I hear some stories about beating and having rude behaviour of teachers in state schools,is this true?

I have only experienced private schools in Turkey. You will hear stories of isolated poor behaviour in school in any country. i have heard many good things too about Turkish state schools. I would be tempted to go to various schools and meet the headteacher and make a judgement at that point. I think money may be better spent on private Turkish lessons before your daughter starts in school. If you are looking a t a city like Antalya the people will be more used to dealing with foreigners.

That's the good suggestion that taking private Turkish lesson before starting the school, is there any academy type private centres for learning Turkish for all ages where girls and mom learn together ?and one take how much time to learn basic Turkish, is this easy to learn? The city for moving is Ankara or Istanbul ,preferably Istanbul. Thanks

There is a national standardized test and courses for students who need to learn enough Turkish to attend school in Turkey. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of it, but it exists. You would just go to the school and explain that your daughter needs to learn Turkish to go to a certain grade level of school, and they'll arrange the classes. I am sure they would allow you to also attend and learn as well.

and one take how much time to learn basic Turkish, is this easy to learn?

I've heard it said that people can become fluent in Turkish in one year. For example, Tömer, which is probably the premier language school in Turkey, has twelve levels. Level one is the absolute beginning, level twelve is a bachelor's degree in Turkish. The classes are around one month each. Other schools, I am sure, would have similar programs.

Turkish is an easy language to learn, but it is completely different from English. Whether it is easy or not also depends on your attitude--like many other things in life, if you believe something will be easy it will be, if you believe something will be difficult, it will be. It also depends on how committed you are and how much you work on it.

• 1 year later...