Rate this topic

22 minutes ago, IbrahimAbi said:

Buca is a long way from Balcova. Birkattaki means the number of flats on the same floor (ie 3) .It is also on the third floor and is heated by air conditioner so electricity bills may be high. I would look in Balcova, Goztepe or Narlidere 1+1 means one salon and 1 bedroom.

If the house is furnished it should come with a tube of gas (it may be empty though). The cost of a refill is about 70TL (for 12kg), normally you call and someone on a moped/van will deliver it to your door.

So, I should rent in balcova, goztepe, and narlidere right? which might be near to the izmir university of economics?

As far as I remember, in the Ankara the houses in Emek at least has gas piping and we just payed for the bill. You mean, tube is better? How long we can use if we cook everyday?

Finally, how about the izmir weather? it seems that izmir is not too cold like other cities. Does it mean that we do not pay a lot for a gas bill (fatura) in winter?!

I had forgotten about natural gas. The more modern buildings will have it, others maybe not. It is something to ask when you call about the apartment.

Izmir can be cold in winter, but not as cold (or for as long) as Ankara.

The last few years it has been cold in Izmir.

They had some snow last year as well.

Most of the newer homes or the updated homes will have natural gas lines.

I would avoid electric (air con) heaters, your bills in the winter will be high.  Balcova has natural heat, yet it is also breezy in the summer.

Avoid Buca, you don't have a car & it is a very far drive/ride/taxi etc.

Balcova, Narlidere, Goztepe...maybe even Konak area would be ok if you don't mind a bus ride.

Soon the coastal tram will be running & you can use that from alleviate some travel but that is still a little ways off.

As I stated before like 2 or 3 times already...you need to VISIT THE AREA & see what's right for you.

On Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 2:23 PM, IbrahimAbi said:

160 km by bus probably about 2 hours, I have only done it by car. It is motorway all the way. I don't know the cost of a bus ticket but would guess at about 20TL

The bus from kadikoy terminal to sakarya is 33 - 40 tl which is reasonable. I also want to know whether there is a bus from gokcen airport to the pendik tran station. I saw the websites and the tran leaves the pendik four times a day and the cost is around 8 tl. But you said that it is very slow. I am a student and the cost is important.:lol:

I have a plan to go van from the border and then fly to ankara and then go to sakarya by bus. It seems better than going to istanbul and then go to sakarya at least economical view!

On 8/11/2017 at 6:30 PM, IbrahimAbi said:

Hi Star, I hope that they inform you soon. I prefer to send and receive messages through the Turkey Central private messaging system.

Thanks

I don't know why they have not informed about anything yet. The deadline was 4'th of August and I applied two weeks before that. They said that they will announce till 3 weeks after deadline. I hope they will tell something until Friday!

Hi all,

It seems that izmir is somewhat more expensive than for instance sakarya. Sakarya is really cheap!

I need your help to gather info about renting house in balcova near izmir university of economics. I do not exactly know, what should I do?

The houses are big here and most of then are 3+1. Is anybody living in Izmir and can give his time even a few that I could ask some questions. I am in a otel in near sehir merkezi but I can come wherever you want

Best

Since I don't live in Izmir, I can't give you any personal assistance, but everything there is to know about renting an apartment, in any city in Turkey, is in this guide:

The websites which offer property for sale or rent are posted as links in the bottom of that article. On any of those websites, you can specify how many bedrooms and bathrooms you want, your minimum and maximum monthly rent, apartment characteristics, etc.

Congratulations on your arrival in Turkey! :)

I can't find anything that specifically says the Izmir bus terminal is open 24 hours, but I am sure it is. Long-distance buses typically travel at night, and stop in at the bus terminals along the way, so it should be open.

https://www.turkeycentral.com/directory/386-izmir-bus-station/

I don't know. The only way you can know for sure is to ask somebody at the Izmir bus terminal. If you follow the link in my previous post, that will take you to Turkey Central's listing for the Izmir bus station. There you will find a link to their website and an option to send them an e-mail, as well as their central telephone number.

Terminal is open 24/7 and no problem. I guessed that since there are many buses go to istanbul at 3 and 4 at night!

I think I can stay there and wait for my friend