Sign in to follow this  
Luna

Help please. I need to know my Turkish man is truthful.

Rate this topic

Help please. I need to know if this man is telling me the truth.

I recently had a long holiday in Turkey. I did not go to find love. I found a very nice Turkisk man. We spent 4 weeks together while he worked as normal. I knew that he was divorced and paying alimony and also paying for his wifes attorney? This was taken from his wages each month. Half his wages. 1/4 for alimony and 1/4 for the lawyer his wife got. 2 years before.  I didn't know until my 2nd return that he had also borrowed from a credit bank pronunced guarantee in English.

He got 10,000 tl. 7 months ago. Never made 5 payments and they got a lawyer to get the money back. After interest was now 30,000 tl. To be taken from his wages for 10 years. Leaving him just 300tl?????? Can this be true. 

I  want to believe him but he has no evidence on paper. I asked him does he have a book from the credit bank. He said he lost it. He has changed mood completely and doesn't feel like living. He is depressed. I NEED ADVICE 

If he asks you for money, DO NOT GIVE IT TO HIM. This is a very common thing for Turkish men who work in tourist areas to meet foreign women and start a romance, then start asking for money for all kinds of situations. Let me be clear. No self-respecting Turkish man would ever ask his girlfriend for money. So if he does, you're probably being scammed. Something is wrong. If he swears he will pay you back, do not believe it.  This has happened over and over again to foreign women who meet Turkish men on holiday, don't be the next statistic.

Hi Ken 

Thank you for your reply.

He did not ask for money. But as you said he did say that he is in a different situation now the second time I returned to Turkey. After a few days.  I am not in Turkey now. I returned a day after he told me this. I was supposed to stay for the summer. 

I told him yesterday  that maybe I could get him some money if I had proof to show my father. I have no intention of showing my father.

Today he sent me documentation from his ing bank. Showing his wages. His money coming in and money going out. Each month. Everything he said he was paying. He is.I could see the credit bank lodgement.He also showed me the court letter saying that a quater of his wages will go to his son until he reaches 18 years old.

And proof that he has to pay the wifes attorney. Another quater of his salary goes to her for 5 years.

The only documentation that I need to see is the lawyer that the credit bank gave the problem to.

So I can verify his story.

I have not given him money.

I really want to know the truth.

Maybe I am only a way out to him but I can play the game. I will let him think that I am doing my best here to help him. 

The truth always comes out in the end. 

You seem like a smart girl.  I think you should take our advice & RUN....don't walk away from that situation.

Ken has lived/worked many, many years in Turkey...including touristy areas.  This is a common scheme used for many years.  No matter how sad the sob story.  As stated...no self-respecting Turkish man will ask a woman for money...especially a Turkish girl. That's a trick reserved especially for foreigners.

99% of the time its a scam, although not all the guys are bad news.  I have many Turkish friends who are honorable & rather spend their last lira trying to impress a girl than asking a girl for money.  Besides, do you really want a guy w/all those personal issues?  Broke.  Paying alimony for many years to come?  No funds to take care of you, take you out to dinner?  If your Dad knows what up...he'll (hopefully) tell you the same.  Many Turks don't make much monthly money...you will be paying for everything....aka relationship suicide.

I just returned from Turkey 2 weeks ago...while on holiday I got laugh after laugh watching the local guys hit on the foreign girls.  That's just a game & they have been playing it for a long time.  Don't get played/fooled by their tactics!

Avoid at all costs. 

-Phil