Jakub dluhosch

Private travel health insurance from my country

Rate this topic

I have a question to the travel health insurance from my country.

I applied for ikamet and I supposed my insurance is sufficient, but period of my stay is already running and I am waiting to my appoitment to ikamet. I am trying to figure out to get a confirmation that my insurance is enought but insurance company doesnt want to give me that confirmation.

I am insured with AXA assistance which has branch in Turkey as well. My insurance is valid in Turkey and cover whole my stay in Turkey. It cover as well all expencies without limitation (Except terrorists attack and dental care whete is limit) . According to this I suppose that my policy should be sufficient, but no one is able to answer me to this.

Please could you help me with this case?

Thanks Jakub Dluhosch

Hi Jakub,the health cover for RP applications is quite specific & if your policy does not meet the specific requirements of cover insisted upon it will not be accepted.

Also the policy must have the below stated clearly,if it doesn't then the policy WILL be refused.

ANY PRIVATE HEALTH POLICY PRESENTED FOR RP APPLICATIONS MUST HAVE THIS STATEMENT WRITTEN IN THE POLICY.
“ İşbu poliçe 06/06/2014 tarih ve 9 sayılı ikamet izni taleplerinde yaptırılacak özel sağlık sigortalarına ilişkin genelgede belirlenen asgari teminat yapısını kapsamaktadır.”………………..MEANING…………………..
“This policy covers the minimum coverage stipulated in the circular no 9, dated 06/06/2014, on private health insurance required to be taken out for residence permit applications.”.

Hi Redders,

Thanks for answer, I know that the insurance is quite specific. This is not unfortunatelly written in my policy deal, but no one is able to say me if my policy meet this requirements.

For example here is one of replies to my question:

Dear Sir,

First of all we would like to thank you for contacting us.
If you need an insurance for ikamet in Turkey you must buy it from Turkey.Thank you for preferring AXA Sigorta.
Best Regards