Rate this topic

Sorry I haven't visited for so long, I hope you are all OK.  Just wondering whether anyone has ever tried BIMCELL ?  I've been using Turkcell for 3+ years & certainly not dissatisfied with their service or anything.  They keep putting their rates up but I just recently noticed Bimcell & amazed at their low rates, they seem too good to be true.  I searched but found no mention of Bimcell on this site.

If anyone has ever used it or knows someone who has, I'd love to hear your opinions before switching..... otherwise I'll go ahead & then let you all know my rating on it.  Can always switch back, I suppose.  Thanks for any feedback... :)

I haven't even heard of BimCell before. It looks like they're related to the Bim discount store chain. I'm also a Turkcell user (at the moment!). And it is expensive.

From what I've seen in the past, the main issue is geographic network coverage. I didn't see any info about BimCell coverage on their website. But the major mobile phone service providers seem to have roughly the same coverage, and I have no plans to go to any remote parts of Eastern Turkey, anyway. :)

If you do switch to BimCell, yes, please let us know how it works for you, you might also have a convert here.

I tried to send you a PM, but either your preference to receive PMs is set to "off" or your PM box is full.

I've had a Bimcell sim for over 3yrs now here in Bodrum. They run through Avea,which is now owned by Turk Telecom :-(

I've found coverage down here fine & their deals are quite good..I have the IDEAL package,@ 16tl a month on each top up,which gives me 2gb + calls,but no sms, but because i put 20tl each top up  i get an extra 1gb & 500 sms extra FREE...

You can top up in any Bim supermarket,on line or by phone.

Wow, thanks Ken & Redders. I knew Avea was taken over by Turk Telekom but wasn't aware they covered Bimcell as well (until I checked the fine print on their website).  Actually, our internet provider Turknet uses TT's infrastructure as well (as no doubt other providers do?).  Turkcell would have to be absolutely the most expensive provider in Turkey, I think. :( And I'm looking forward to switching.... just a bit fazed out by their long-winded online application form... in Turkish. :D 

Thank you kindly Redders.  Seems Turkcell are exercising a lot of discretions nowadays.  My current deal with them is 300 mins + some MB 30 days 20TL, and from 2 June going up to 22TL. But my hubby who is currently in Ankara got the same deal from Turkcell in Ankara yesterday for  just 16TL ..... go figure?   I've made up my mind to switch, will go to Bim tomorrow morning.. :) 

So now I've been using Bimcell a couple of months & pretty satisfied with it -- so cheap !  Porting your current number doesn't cost anything, and applying through any Bim supermarket is easy.  BTW they don't have a faturali  option, it's all prepaid.

I also discovered there's a PTTcell, which would have to be the 2nd most economical on the market..... ?  But I'm happy with Bimcell!  :)

That's great! I haven't made the switch yet, but it sounds so easy to change over, and so much more economical I think I will now.  And thanks for coming back to let us know how it's going with Bimcell. It's a nice bit of info to make our lives here easier (and cheaper). :)

Thanks,

It seems that we should wait for one day after buying the simkart in order to be activated right? If so, how can we charge the simkart? Is it possible to do it online? Also, how much does the minimum charge cost? Finally, I checked at internet bank there is not option for bimcell, am I right?

After 2 years on Bimcell, I'm quite happy with it.  I have noticed its signal is slightly fainter but that doesn't seem to affect the calls at all.  

Star,  I chose to keep my Turkcell number so didn't need to buy their Simcard. They had to notify Turkcell first, then texted me the date & exact time the transfer would happen --  about 4 days (weekend in between).  You will lose any credit you have with Turkcell, so it's good to choose a time when your credit is low. At the appointed time the Turkcell signal drops out & Bimcell signal kicks in, with one lira of credit, enough for a quick test call.  Then you must go to Bim & buy credit (minimum 15 lira), or a package of your choice, and you're all set!

Hope it all goes well... Good Luck! :)