Yasmin & Suse

Best Way to get to Alanya from London

Rate this topic

Hello to all of you

I want to come to Alanya by the end of June 2017.

I need your valuable opinion about the best way to get to Alanya.

There are some few direct flights from London to Antalya, but I have slight idea about how to get from Antalya airport to Alanya, and the cost of that?

Is there a reliable services and secure? Time-wise too, morning early and late time??

Or, is it better I get a connecting flight from Istanbul to Gazipasa airport?

This would mean waiting some hours at the airport flyover.

How do you guys move around in Turkey? I mean what is the best way?

I appreciate all your assistance.:rain:

To some extent is may depend on how many people are in your group. It there are 4 people then i would take a taxi and share the cost. Other options would be to take a taxi just up the road a few km (I am not from Antalya but i seem to remember the place is called Altinkaya) where there are several bus company booking offices and they will sell you a bus ticket. The bus will collect you from the office a short while later. I am not sure what hours the offices work though. The taxi option is open 24/7. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Anyone flying into Antalya in the near future please post a photograph of the 'Taxi rates to various destinations' board it may be useful to many members including me. I can do so in about 10 days but others may be able to do it before this.

I asked one of our Alanya members to assist, but in her absence I'll try to help. One thing you might do is contact the hotel you're staying at. They can give you a price and arrange for a vehicle to come pick you up, typically they'll wait for you outside of customs and have a sign with your name on it.

I'll go today and ask a taxi driver about the prices and also get a photo of one of the signs.

I got a ride from Kuşadası to the Izmir airport a few months ago, and was able to get the ride for half the price, since taxi drivers are pretty hungry for business like this, they're often willing to do it for less than their listed price. I don't know how it would be from the Antalya airport, but it's worth a try.

The cheapest way is to take the Antray, the light rail "Metro" which goes from the Airport to the bus station (otogar stop). It's a long trip, the two are situated on the far ends of the system. But it costs less than 5 TL. Then, at the bus station, you can go to one of the bus kiosks which have service to Alanya. The ticket would probably cost maybe 15 TL or so. You don't need a bus reservation, you can just walk in and get a seat.

I have a photo of the taxi prices. This is by far the most expensive.

taxi.jpg

A good compromise is a transfer company who will come and pick you up. Prices vary according to number of passengers and what kind of vehicle you want. Try these guys, I have heard goo things about them.

Sun Transfers

Ken, does the Antray go beyond the airport as far as the Expocentre? If it does there are some bus booking offices there (I think it is called altinkaya) and it would be much quicker than going all the way across town to get to the bus station to come all the way back again.

It does go to the expo center. There are different Antray trains. Some go to the airport, some go to the Expo Center. They have big signs on the fronts of them saying which one they go to. Are you saying that the bus booking places are at the Expo Center? I wasn't aware of that. And I went to the Expo Center a few weeks ago and there was nothing going on there at all.

They are close to the expo centre but on the airport side of the road, there is a service road and they are on that. It would only be a 20TL taxi ride from the airport to the bus agents, they have little offices where you can wait for it and they call the driver ahead telling him to stop and collect a customer.

On 18/05/2017 at 9:03 AM, IbrahimAbi said:

o some extent is may depend on how many people are in your group. It there are 4 people then i would take a taxi and share the cost. Other options would be to take a taxi just up the road a few km (I am not from Antalya but i seem to remember the place is called Altinkaya) where there are several bus company booking offices and they will sell you a bus ticket.

Hi

I gather that if I arrive in Antalya in good time and not too late, I take a taxi to the place "Altinkaya", and there it is possible to take the bus to Alanya. Right?

If my arrival time is late at night, I think it is better to either arrange a pick-up service with the hotel, or I take a taxi myself from the airport.

I hope all will be fine.

Big thanks to you Ken & IbrahimAbi.

The only thing I am not sure about is the name 'Altinkaya', I last caught a bus there in 2009, but the offices are still there, I pass them regularly. basically they are about 2km along the Antalya-Alanya main road, in the direction of Alanya. I am flying to the UK for a week in a couple of days and will check again on my return. When are you flying?

Thanks

My plan is to be there by the end of June 2017, but I didn't book a ticket yet.

I am sure I will buy a direct fly London - Antalya, and from there I get the service to Alanya.

I exclude the option of connecting flight from Istanbul or anywhere.

Thanks Gentlemen for the help:)

Hi Everybody in Turkey Central Forum

Anybody have an idea about one estate agent named "ATC, Alanya Trading & Consulting"!?

Are they good.I am thinking to view some properties with them.

I had an unpleasant experience last year in Antalya.

It would be great to get an idea about ATC beforehand. Thanks

ATC - Şekerhane Mahallesi
Hükümet Caddesi-Köseoğlu İs Merkezi No.83
07400 Alanya | Antalya | Turkey

On May 22, 2017 at 10:15 AM, IbrahimAbi said:

The only thing I am not sure about is the name 'Altinkaya', I last caught a bus there in 2009, but the offices are still there, I pass them regularly. basically they are about 2km along the Antalya-Alanya main road, in the direction of Alanya. I am flying to the UK for a week in a couple of days and will check again on my return. When are you flying?

Is it Altınova? That is one of the stops. I am on the Antray now (it has free wifi!). I am doing a recci on this. When passing the Altınova stop there appeared to be a bus station. Now headed for the Expo, will check it out on the way back. 

It is Çalkaya (I think that next to it is altintaş (taş meanıng the same as kaya) hence my false memory ( I remember Turkish words by their littoral meaning). I called in the bus office to get their card, I will scan it and add it to the post in the morning. I got back late last night and have been out on business all day. There are other offices nearby for those who wish to travel north eg Isparta Petrol.

Bus office near Antalya airport.jpg

That all sounds very fiddly and time consuming.  We always use Sukru Ozen for our transfers from Antalya airport to Side and it only costs us £25 for the 2 of us each way ... of course Alanya would be that much extra but probably not a lot... you can email Sukru on ...info@airporttransferside.com  All best wishes for a wonderful holiday, Angela x