Rate this topic

Today my electricity got shut off. I went down to the lobby and opened a panel on the wall. There along with the electricity meters, I discovered the local electric company's billing system. How stupid of me to think they would put my electric bills in my mailbox.

electric.jpg.25d6468fe2f9f6d4d91bd0b2bd798958.jpg

At least you know now. In our case they will not enter our garden if we are not around because of our dogs, they print off a blank bill that says 'read your meter and come in and pay' and stick in on the gate. It the wind catches it we do not even know that they have been. Hope that they have reconnected you now.

So I was in Izmir for 2 weeks...unfortunately I was too busy catching up with the family to post...so here's my days (random order)

IMG_6189.thumb.JPG.c7d5f5aa1012384fedc55ed57e0ae1fa.JPG

Cats rule...Paloma Pasha Hotel, Özdere.

IMG_6214.thumb.JPG.98a3c3b6732826425fd1069da4b61e4d.JPG

Although I cannot support them due to the color of the kit (sarı lacivert ALWAYS!) Göztepe is my "hometown" team & I am happy they're back in the Süper Lig.  Izmir was buzzing for days after the announcement.

IMG_6065.thumb.JPG.31e78534a8d1a7f64fe16fc22cdee173.JPG

Bazaar days never grow old.

4 hours ago, IbrahimAbi said:

I don't envy you the işkembe or the kokoreç but would willingly share a plate of Midye with you some time in Izmir. Afiyet olsun

Likewise, but I'd skip the midye as well --- just the pide & dondurma will do me ! :)

9 hours ago, IbrahimAbi said:

I don't envy you the işkembe or the kokoreç but would willingly share a plate of Midye with you some time in Izmir. Afiyet olsun

Deal.  How's Sparta?  Visited there once (about 10 years ago)...famous for roses correct?  I distinctly remember the scent of the area.

5 hours ago, clothespeg said:

Likewise, but I'd skip the midye as well --- just the pide & dondurma will do me ! :)

I'm an adventurous eater.  :)  The only thing I can't eat are probably liver & heart...but everything else I'm game for.  The dondurma is amazing.  I will get the name of the place.
There is (was?) a dodurma stand across from the Cesme Kale.  I remember it being very nice there.

Isparta is a vibrant city with a large university. It is famous for carpets and roses. Our neighbours have rose fields which run 200m down to the lake. In may they spend about a month collecting petals every morning which are distilled into rose oil in the city. In summer it is relatively cool as it is 1000m high. Cold in winter though.

Lovely pic!  But that's not quite the same cat which was with you in Izmir last week.... although it could be his brother, LOL ! :)

No, twas FenerEniste who was in Izmir last week, sadly we left Izmir in 1988 and have only been back twice since.

3 hours ago, IbrahimAbi said:

No, twas FenerEniste who was in Izmir last week, sadly we left Izmir in 1988 and have only been back twice since.

Oh, so sorry :lol: .... eyes were on the cats rather than the writer, hehe.  Still, those cats sure do look alike :D .

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:31 PM, IbrahimAbi said:

My favourite place in Turkey for Gözleme, Akpınar near Eğirdir in Isparta province. You can see Eğirdir way below

Egirdir from Akpinar resized.jpg

Now THAT'S awesome view.  Nice Kedi by the way :)

Last week we went to a village that is becoming famous for lavender and is attracting Turkish tourists. The ladies have started a cooperative to sell lavender products and provide food and refreshments. I will write up more details in the near future. July is the time to visit. Easily done in a day from Antalya/Denizli. The village is called kuyucuk and is about 15 minutes from Isparta airport.

Lavender resize.JPG

15 saat önce, IbrahimAbi yazdı:

It does not look very busy. Did you skate Fil or just go to chill out?

No it wasn't busy just us and our 24 children.

Not being busy is another bonus. Just being in the cold air was like taking a long cold drink.

And yes, I skated but unfortunately there is no photo of that because taking a selfy while skating was too wobbly.