Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there are plans to hold an Expo 2017 in Antalya? I assume that the expo centre was not built for a one off expo.

Ken Grubb likes this

Does anyone know if there are plans to hold an Expo 2017 in Antalya? I assume that the expo centre was not built for a one off expo.

I know expo is hosting many international artist from around the world for their concerts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ken Grubb likes this

I haven't heard anything yet. You could see if there's anything on Antalya.gov.tr or Antalya.bel.tr about it, I just had a cursory look and I didn't see any announcements, though. Also, I took the Antray tram out there yesterday. I could see it from the pedestrian bridge but didn't bother going there, there was no activity going on at all.

Thanks for your replies chaps. I could not believe the mentality of putting lots of km markers up last year which gave the distance to Expo 2016 Antalya. If they had missed off the year they would have been good for any Expo, assuming that they are annual as is the big one in Izmir.

Ken Grubb likes this

During what month was it last year? I assume it will be an annual one. Maybe it's just too early right now.

I think it was open in July. I am looking forward to the Netherlands and German stands.

Ken Grubb likes this

What was the previous one like? I missed it. If there's German food, well, I'll definitely be there this year!

I did not go last year. When I asked, the things I was interested were not there and we had some health problems at the time. I would be likely to visit this year though is there is one. The German and Netherlands comments were a bit tongue-in-cheek.

Ken Grubb likes this