Goreme1990

New audio walk of Kadikoy

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

If you're planning to visit Istanbul soon and are looking for something new to do, check out my new audio tour of Kadikoy. Called "Stepping back through Chalcedon", I've combined my love of the area with my fascination for history to create a unique walk which tells you things about the area you'd find hard to discover on your own. Here's what Wandering Educators have to say about it.

https://www.wanderingeducators.com/best/traveling/stepping-back-through-chalcedon-kadikoy-walk-audio-tour.html

greenstein and Ken Grubb like this

That is cool, Lisa! I hope to be in Istanbul this year again and will be exploring the Asian side, and I haven't seen Kadıköy yet. This sounds like a great way to get to know the area, and learn its history.

greenstein likes this

At the risk of sounding boastful, you'll get a lot out of my audio tour. There's not much written about Kadikoy in guidebooks in English, and what there is is pretty standard. I put together information on all the places I really love, by asking lots of questions in Turkish and doing lots of research of websites written by Turkish historians and bloggers. Once you've done the tour, I'll be interested to know what you think.

Ken Grubb likes this

I definitely want to do that tour. You're right about the travel books, they scarcely cover the Asian side.

Goreme1990 likes this

It's always frustrated me how little is included about the Kadikoy area, but then again it has provided me with the opportunity to fill the gap. When you do the tour let me know what you think.