Misery

Visa Problem

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

hi!

I overstayed in Turkey my 90 days out of 180-days period. I did pay the fine before flying away from Turkey and nobody mentioned anything about a ban. Well...if I understood it right: from the day I left Turkey I cannot re-enter before 90 days has passed? Is it right?

I called Turkish embassy and they told me , if I want to turn back Turkey before that, I have to apply visa. I did,the stickervisa. I've been waiting 4 weeks and heard nothing from the embassy. They said it takes normally 2 weeks, but can take 8!!! They are not answering what's the stautus of the visa now...

Ok, the question is: If I now  leave Finland (I am Finnish citizen) for travel more than 4 weeks, and visa arrives while I'm out of the country (and I won't be even needing it anymore,because of the dates I've been asking it)...will the visa be valid anyway???? 

I understood I have to go get it when they call me from Turkish embassy. And if I don't? Do they register it as a valid visa for the period i've been requiring it? 

Thanks in advance

I overstayed in Turkey my 90 days out of 180-days period. I did pay the fine before flying away from Turkey and nobody mentioned anything about a ban. Well...if I understood it right: from the day I left Turkey I cannot re-enter before 90 days has passed? Is it right?

If you are talking about the 90-in-180 days period rule I assume you are talking about a tourist visa. If you paid a fine and left, and they told you that you have no ban from re-entry, you can re-enter without worrying about a ban.

However, with tourist visas, you cannot be in Turkey for more than 90 days in any 180-day period. So count back from today 180 days. Note the number of days you have been in Turkey during the last 180 days. It is probably less than 90. So the difference between the number of days you have been in Turkey and 90 days is the number of days you can come back to Turkey.

Let's say you count back 180 days. You find that during those past 180 days you were in Turkey for 45 days. That would mean that you can return to Turkey and stay at least 45 more days. Everything is calculated counting back. If the number of days you have been in Turkey in the last 180 days ever exceeds 90 days, then you have an overstay.

I called Turkish embassy and they told me , if I want to turn back Turkey before that, I have to apply visa. I did,the stickervisa.

Of course what the Turkish embassy says overrides anything said on this forum. Normally you could just apply for an e-visa at www.evisa.gov.tr. That mostly involves an online application and an e-mail with a downloadable form. A sticker visa is an actual sticker which is applied to one of the pages of your passport. So I am not sure why you would need to go to a Turkish Embassy and get a sticker visa, unless there is some reason I cannot know from what you have written here.

Ok, the question is: If I now  leave Finland (I am Finnish citizen) for travel more than 4 weeks,

For where? You cannot enter Turkey without a visa.

and visa arrives while I'm out of the country (and I won't be even needing it anymore,because of the dates I've been asking it)...will the visa be valid anyway???? 

The visa will be valid from its start date to its end date, whether you need it or not, and regardless of where you are. It is simply permission to enter and stay in the country for a limited time, during a certain time frame.

I understood I have to go get it when they call me from Turkish embassy. And if I don't? Do they register it as a valid visa for the period i've been requiring it? 

If you don't go and get it, it will probably just sit there until it expires. You'll have a valid visa that you will not use, sitting on a desk somewhere in the Turkish embassy.

Thank you for your answer!

I know I overstayed my touristvisa and I was told from Turkish embassy that I have two options to return Turkey as soon as possible: 1. wait for 90 days 2. Apply stickervisa from the embassy

I will travel away from Finland (not to Turkey) and can't get the sticker to my passport when it arrives (coz i'm not in Finland). So, if they call me that visa is accepted (and I cannot go to embassy get it) is it still valid and I can enter Turkey? Do they enter it in some computersystem ? The way that they see it in passportcontrol?

I need to apply residence permit for Turkey,but how can I do it if I can't enter the country? These things are really weird and even local people in Turkey didn't know how it goes with visas and other stuff...Well,next time I'm wiser and know the law and not gonna believe people 'thinking they know'.