Khurram Hasan

Chinese and Thai Food

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hi

Is there any real Chinese or Thai food restaurant in Antalya city center Lara Konyaalti... anywhere in the city if someone knows please share. Whoever will share the secret will be invited to have a dinner with me :) 

Thanks 

K

Ken Grubb likes this

No Thai that I've ever heard of. You can check here though:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g297962-c11-Antalya_Turkish_Mediterranean_Coast.html

It lists the Golden Dragon which is somewhere between Konyaaltı and Kaleiçi, but I have been hearing it was closed, so you might want to give them a call or go by there. I haven't eaten there before though.

There are also some Japanese restaurants around, apparently.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g297962-c27-Antalya_Turkish_Mediterranean_Coast.html

I know that it does not answer your question as you would like, but we cook Thai food at home with ingredients from:- http://www.gurmenet.com/

They are very reliable, ingredients good, they deliver by cargo within about 4 days.

We are 25 km from even a Turkish restaurant so have learned to cook that which we wish to eat. If you want any recipies pm me.

good luck

Ken Grubb likes this

is there a delivery fee?  I'm just curious how the whole delivery system works?

I see if you spend 200TL you get free shipping...

Ken Grubb likes this

As you say the kargo is free if you spend over 200TL, this is what we will do next time. Our last delivery weighed about 4kg and we paid about 12TL in delivery fee. It costs  20TL in fuel to drive to the nearest Migros and back. As we live in a village the kargo companies will not deliver to the door, but we arrange with the company to deliver to the nearest kargo office. After you make an online order they call you about the delivery, the first time they called they even spoke in English. If you order frozen stuff you need to buy dry-ice from them to keep it cool.

Ken Grubb likes this

Nice!  I'm sure...say in a bigger town (Izmir) this shouldn't be a problem.  I passed this on to my wife.

Ken Grubb likes this

7 hours ago, FenerEniste said:

Nice!  I'm sure...say in a bigger town (Izmir) this shouldn't be a problem.  I passed this on to my wife.

No problems in a city like Izmir, the only thing that gets delivered here by hand are speeding fines!

FenerEniste likes this