Sign in to follow this  
THY

Procedure for buying property in Istanbul???

Rate this topic

Hey friends,

So here comes the moment about which I have been talking since long time; I am about to buy an apartment in Istanbul in this month. I have visited some Emlak and used Sahibinden website to find suitable options in the district I live in; I have short listed 4; Now I plan to ask their owners to give me the photocopy of their TAPU so I can visit the Belediyesi and get information on the age of property and when the demolition is due. The owners of property told me that age is between 16-20 years but to be sure I have to visit the Belediye which I will. 

I wish to know if anyone of you knows; what is the average age of a 5/6 storey residential apartment building in Istanbul?

I also wish to ask the members and specially Ken and others who have knowledge to kindly guide me with basic process on what is going to happen on the day of purchase and at what stage do I pay to the seller the amount and at what stage I pay to Emlak and how many days it takes to get the TAPU? I need these basic information and in general I need basic procedure on what is going to happen on day of purchase and what to expect and how things will go?

Looking forward.