Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

1: Hi i have residence permit (short time) anybody knows if i cancel my application from ikamet website what will happen? (Because i need edit my info)

2:And anybody know if I should go as person to immigration office or I should post my documents ( because system gave me time&date in April 2017 to going there with my application & documents) but i heard people just extend/renew it by sending their documents with ptt post after they fill their application from online 

3: My permit expire date is 12 February But it is written by mistake as 20february in my application (and system is lock & no way to edit) 

please if you guys know something about these 3questions let me know 

regards 

Hi Jasmin

I think I would just stick with the interview date you have and let them correct the mistake at the interview. In my case the system would not allow me to enter my Foreigners ID - I had to leave it blank. If they gave you an interview date you need to go to that with your documents. Don't post them.

You can cancel your appointment but you would have to get a new application in and a date by February 12 otherwise you'll be fined. If you're in Istanbul there can be weeks at a time when the system just will not give you date.

I might be wrong but I think the system of filling your application and printing the application is totally separate from the actual system they have for giving the Ikamet. At the interview there seems to an awful of typing in at the screen by the Mudur whilst you sit there quietly wondering why he needs to type so much when everything is on the form and in the system. For instance although our new address was on the form he had type it in all in again into his system.

Jasmin likes this

Hello dear grahamn yes i am in Istanbul, i live here for a year&my card ll expire 12february & now its time to renew , i filled everything yesterday in ikamet website as same as last year but i heard people same my case send their all documents by post ptt  when they fill their info in goç/ikamet website (acceptable  time to send only in 5 days after application requests from website&print it) but for me after i put all my info system gave me appointment date/time in April 20 2017 . It just made me worry if I don't post and go there by April/20 &if they reject my case!

No you will not be rejected. At the end of the online form filling you are given one of two options - either print form and post everything in via PTT OR you will be given an appointment date. But you can't choose - if the PRINT and POST option is given to you then you must do that. If you are given an appointment date you should go to that. 95% of people seem to have to go to appointments these days. By the way if your appointment is in the afternoon I would go about 3 hours at least before the appointment because they are very busy and people with 3pm or 4pm appointments are told to come back another day.

Jasmin likes this

Grahamn Thank you soooo much for your information , yes my appointment is exactly 70 days later 11morning in besiktas area . I really can't realize why they gave me appointment as person & this far like 70days.(Also one person told me it's better first you post +then later you go there in appointed date too) sounds strange! as i am really confused But i think you are right 

I just have another question ' maybe I change my home/address then it ll be difference between  which i wrote in my application & info in ikamet goç website. Do you think it will be problem when i ll go for interview for renew my residence ?

(two different address)