Ken Grubb

Some Photos from Adana

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

adana-16.jpg

I recently stayed with a friend in Adana, in a downtown area called Cemalpaşa. It's here:

It was a very nice, upscale shopping district, which reminded me of the Alsancak district in Izmir. My friend had a two-bedroom apartment there, and said he was paying 750 TL a month for it. Just a regular apartment with nothing fancy.

Here are some photos of the district:

adana-01.jpgadana-02.jpgadana-03.jpgadana-04.jpgadana-05.jpgadana-06.jpgadana-07.jpgadana-08.jpgadana-09.jpgadana-10.jpgadana-11.jpgadana-12.jpgadana-13.jpg

While there, we also went to the M-1 Shopping Mall which is here:

They had expanded the M-1 Mall a lot, it was huge! Here are some photos:

m1-mall-adana.jpgm-1-mall-adana.jpgm1-mall-adana-2.jpgm1-mall-adana-4.jpgm1-mall-adana-5.jpgm--mall-adana-3.jpg

Enjoy the photos. For some of my older ones, including the local sights like the archaeological museum and the Sabancı Mosque, see the Adana Photo Galleries.

Adana has changed a lot indeed...its very sad that Incirlik stays on lockdown at this point.  I have a friend that was very excited to PCS to Incirlik (I talked up Turkey to him a lot)...& now he's trying to cancel his assignment.  The $ that the Incirlik Alley has lost alone...that was peoples sole livelihood there.

Ken Grubb likes this

God :wub:
that's really a nice city:)
I hope accept in Cukuroa Uni. and live there:wub:
thanks for putting these here:)

greenstein and Ken Grubb like this

Yeah the M1 is great now isnt it?  Ive been known to hop in the car just to go to the new H&M there.  Its also got an IKEA but you cant buy anything there which is stupid.  You can go and look, pick what you want, pay for it and then they will either deliver it to you or you can collect.  I get that its a space saving issue but its still incredibly annoying ... although it just means another trip back to H&M for me now :D

Ken Grubb likes this

I didn't even see the Ikea when I was there. It is such a huge mall, as big or bigger than any I've seen elsewhere! I was with a friend and his son, and just "going to the mall" was the whole idea of trip. None of us actually bought anything.

The IKEA is on the absolute other side.  There is all that building work going on in the middle though so easy to miss.  Near Media Mkt.

Ken Grubb likes this