Ohreaper

Your thoughts about Adana?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I am a Turkish student studying at Cukurova University,the Department of English Language Teaching.If anyone needs help,I'm here. I would also love to here your thoughts about our city Adana.Do you like it? 

Have a nice day! 

Ken Grubb likes this

Hi Ohreaper,

I'm in Adana myself at the moment visiting a friend. We can always use an extra help around here! The best thing you can do is go to the main Adana forum, and click the "Follow" button near the upper right. That way, if anybody posts a question or comment about Adana, you'll get a courtesy e-mail to let you know. We'd like to get all of our members doing this, because it creates an even larger network of local and subject matter experts who can help out anyone who has a question about something.

I was rather impressed with Adana when I arrived here yesterday. I was stationed at Incirlik Air Base from 2003 to 2006, so I could see a few changes when I came back again. Especially the new "Optimum" mall. Also I read that Adana has a new archaeological museum and I will definitely be visiting that. And I see there is a tramway now! It looks like the city is expanding nicely.

The "alley" just outside of Incirlik Air Base used to be full of open shops and restaurants catering to NATO personnel from the base. It's completely closed down now, the doors and windows are shuttered. I didn't even see one open business along that whole street. Apparently all of the NATO personnel are in lock-down, and have been for about a year and a half now. But they are building new apartments in Incirlik village. My friend told me it was because the prices of apartments in Adana is quite high now, but in Incirlik village the prices are a fraction of that.

We also took a drive around the lake, which was quite beautiful still, and had breakfast at a village-type restaurant on the lake shore.

I'll take some photos while I'm here and post them in the Adana photo album.

Ohreaper and greenstein like this

Definitely add pictures...I'd like to see what Adana looks like these days.  I know the alley was on its way out once the guys got restricted on base.

New Adana (where the Optimum mall is) I heard its pretty nice.  I have not been.  I have been to some parts of Old Adana...but that was back in late 2008.

greenstein, Ohreaper and Ken Grubb like this

On 16.01.2017 at 06:46, Ken Grubb yazdı:

Hi Ohreaper,

I'm in Adana myself at the moment visiting a friend. We can always use an extra help around here! The best thing you can do is go to the main Adana forum, and click the "Follow" button near the upper right. That way, if anybody posts a question or comment about Adana, you'll get a courtesy e-mail to let you know. We'd like to get all of our members doing this, because it creates an even larger network of local and subject matter experts who can help out anyone who has a question about something.

I was rather impressed with Adana when I arrived here yesterday. I was stationed at Incirlik Air Base from 2003 to 2006, so I could see a few changes when I came back again. Especially the new "Optimum" mall. Also I read that Adana has a new archaeological museum and I will definitely be visiting that. And I see there is a tramway now! It looks like the city is expanding nicely.

The "alley" just outside of Incirlik Air Base used to be full of open shops and restaurants catering to NATO personnel from the base. It's completely closed down now, the doors and windows are shuttered. I didn't even see one open business along that whole street. Apparently all of the NATO personnel are in lock-down, and have been for about a year and a half now. But they are building new apartments in Incirlik village. My friend told me it was because the prices of apartments in Adana is quite high now, but in Incirlik village the prices are a fraction of that.

We also took a drive around the lake, which was quite beautiful still, and had breakfast at a village-type restaurant on the lake shore.

I'll take some photos while I'm here and post them in the Adana photo album.

Hey Ken!

Thanks so much for the information,I'm new in this forum and may take a little time to get accustomed. 

I had the same feelings as you when I came back to Adana after years.There are a lot of changes here and looks more civilized now and more cultural activities takes place each day. But I didn't know about the situation of alley,it is really sad.I can't find any reason why those have happened but I hope everything becomes normal there again.

I'm glad to hear that you like Adana.I'll be waiting for the photos you've taken!

Ken Grubb likes this

I'm staying in the more posh area of Adana this time, very nice! Wide palm-tree lined boulevards, very wide marble sidewalks, name-brand stores, and restaurants with at least some international cuisine for a change. The shopping district here is bigger than Alsancak in Izmir.

I got a few mobile phone photos, but apparently I forgot to bring the cable for my camera. I'll upload some photos when I get back to Antalya (which should be Monday).

FenerEniste likes this

It's called Cemalpaşa, in this area:

Adana is a great place to be. Moved here couple of months ago and totally impressed with the city and its large boulevards and sidewalks. People are also very friendly and helpful. Wouldn't have done the move though without the help of this forum. Thanks Ken and everyone else for your help.

Ed

IbrahimAbi likes this

Great to hear, Ed! I hope you'll be around to let us know about your life there from time to time. :)