KucukElma

DuoLingo Turkish Club

Rate this topic

For those of us interested in learning Turkish, I highly recommend the program DuoLingo. It's free, and available on your desktop or as an app. I have just started a Turkish club through DuoLingo, so if anyone is interested in joining just download the app or find it online, and use the code P25XNW! 

Cheers!

My wife and I have been using Duolingo for about 4 weeks and thoroughly recommend it. there are a few issues with it requiring American English replies but all in all it is excellent.

Hi Ibrahim, yes I absolutely agree the site has opportunity to expand and become more inclusive, but personally I think they're doing a great job thus far. You do not need to be a native English speaker to use Duo Lingo in learning a second language.

Greenstein, thank you for joining! All members of this forum and anyone who is interested is encouraged to do so. Even if we just get a few members, to have a small group where we can ask questions and practice Turkish among each other may be very beneficial. Teşekkürler!

6 hours ago, FenerEniste said:

Downloaded the app....its pretty dang good!

I will definitely share this app!

As long as you have access to American English vocab. What on earth is a 'grocery store'? bakkal = shop

It won't accept examination. It has to be exam!

I shouldn't complain it is free.

12 minutes ago, IbrahimAbi said:

As long as you have access to American English vocab. What on earth is a 'grocery store'? bakkal = shop

It won't accept examination. It has to be exam!

I shouldn't complain it is free.

haha...grocery store aka grocer aka supermarket aka market.

Clearly a yank created the app.  :wink:

Tip for the Duolingo site. It you are doing it on a pc and you get one wrong you can copy the wrong answer and paste it next time the question comes up, amend it to avoid copying out the whole sentence.

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:18 AM, KucukElma said:

For those of us interested in learning Turkish, I highly recommend the program DuoLingo. It's free, and available on your desktop or as an app. I have just started a Turkish club through DuoLingo, so if anyone is interested in joining just download the app or find it online, and use the code P25XNW! 

Cheers!

What exactly is a 'club' is it called a classroom on Duo lingo? Do you have to have a Facebook account to join?

On 1/5/2017 at 2:37 AM, IbrahimAbi said:

What exactly is a 'club' is it called a classroom on Duo lingo? Do you have to have a Facebook account to join?

A club on Duo Lingo is a space for a group of people who are learning the same language. We can see each other's progress, communicate a but, and I believe they are in the process of adding additional features to make it more interactive. Over all, it is a great tool for learning Turkish, very easy and intuitive. You do not need a Facebook account to join, just the code I provided in my OP.

On 30 December 2016 at 5:18 AM, KucukElma said:

Cheers!

Oh,no, the club is full 

I got this answer