Sign in to follow this  
Mahnoor Haniya

Finding a Technical Wood Working Short course or certificate course Academy in Turkey.

Rate this topic

Hello

I am an Architect from Pakistan.

I want to join a short term course to learn wood work( furniture making) in Turkey which lasts max of 3 months time. I cant find any academies in turkey which provide short courses in Interior Design, Furniture Making or any technical education, as in other countries.

Other than this i will be visiting Turkey for the first time in 2017. I want to spent the whole month for which my visa would be applicable. Hotel stay is not affordable for 30 days so i searched the internet for renting a flat or apartment. I found many sites and accommodation options as well but i am not sure whether they are safe or not? How do i find a safer option?

Additionally i would like to ask that is it possible to find jobs on a visit visa? as i am aware that employment in Turkey is quite difficult as they prefer Turkish skilled citizens first, but i want to try because there are almost no job opportunities on internet for International candidates.

Are there any organizations or firms/agents in Turkey who could search for job or provide any arrangements in helping getting a job?

Thankyou :)

Looking forward

I want to join a short term course to learn wood work( furniture making) in Turkey which lasts max of 3 months time. I cant find any academies in turkey which provide short courses in Interior Design, Furniture Making or any technical education, as in other countries.

While there are formal vocational schools in Turkey, I have never heard of a course in woodworking as you describe. But you could probably search for one using the Turkish words in Google. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a few Internet courses on woodworking that you could take.

I found many sites and accommodation options as well but i am not sure whether they are safe or not? How do i find a safer option?

Have you tried couchsurfing.com? It's an online network of people who are willing to share a room (or a couch!) to a traveler, and who do the same from other members when they travel. It's free, and you have to join, but typically a guest "couch surfing" at someone's house would express appreciation by taking the host to dinner, cooking for them occasionally, or some other thoughtful act. The hosts are also rated, and comments about the hosts are posted there, so if there have been problems with a host in the past, someone probably has commented about it. It would certainly save you money, and from the comments, you could at least get an idea about whether the host is okay or not.

Additionally i would like to ask that is it possible to find jobs on a visit visa?

You could "find" a job, but you could not legally work. To be hired and work in Turkey, you would have to have a job offer, and then apply at a Turkish embassy or consulate in your home country for a work visa to come to Turkey to work. Then you would get your work permit after you arrive. You cannot come to Turkey and start working on a regular visa.  The only exception to this is if you have been legally residing in Turkey with a residence permit for at least six months. After six months of legal residence, you can be hired and apply for a work permit while in Turkey.

Are there any organizations or firms/agents in Turkey who could search for job or provide any arrangements in helping getting a job?

See this article:

Finding a Job in Turkey

See the links at the bottom of that article, where all of the job resources are.

Good luck, Mahnoor! :)