Sign in to follow this  
GrahamN

Ikamet Online Application - cannot Make an Appoinment

Rate this topic

Hi

This specific issue is affecting me right now. My wife and I decided to cancel our Istanbul appointments at the main Fatih Göç İdaresi that were due on Sat 10th Dec because we had heard that if you have a Saturday appointment and need to take more documents back it can only be done on a Saturday and we are in the UK for the 2 Saturdays after 10th and don't want to be told on the 3rd Saturday - "sorry you're too late, you should have come back earlier".

So we cancelled them ok. We did my wife's again and got to the final screen and "Make Appointment" is selectable. So I then tried to do mine and got all the way to the same point and "Make Appointment" is greyed out. I know this happens all the time unless you make sure your insurance expires a day after your Ikamet - so we did that for my wife's and that worked. So for me, even after doing this and checking that my personal info is exactly what I typed 3 weeks ago it just will not let me book anything. I scrapped the application and tried again - same result. I have a feeling it is something to do with my date of birth on the 2nd screen which it pre-fills with "05/30/1959  12:00:00 AM". What the time is doing there I have no idea. I never typed it in. It lets me proceed to the next page - if I remove the time it always comes back eventually.

If anyone has any ideas about how to make the Make Appointment option clickable please reply.

Graham Nelson

Hi Graham,there is a major problem with the application site today,many members of my Surgery group have been reporting the same,reporting this to the 157 helpline who it seems are aware of this but cannot give a timescale as to when it will be rectified.

Thanks. Yes I noticed yesterday afternoon I couldn't access their site for an hour or so. I rang the 157 number after the site was back up and they said they had done a major system reload asked me to try later using Internet Explorer instead of Google Chrome. Still no joy. But this morning I rang again and a lady checked my application whilst on the phone and in the end I had to delete my 99 foreigner's ID from the first page completely and just leave it blank. Then the Make Appointment button was available ! She said that at some point an invalid foreigner ID must have been in the system and once it is there putting in the right one causes this problem. Anyway the service from 157 is very good.

Next problem - pushed the Make Appointment button for the main Fatih Göç İdaresi - "No Appointment has been given - please try again later" - hopefully this will sort itself out.

"No Appointment has been given - please try again later"  - this problem is continuing and when calling 157 they just say it will be sorted out out in a few days. They asked when my Ikamet expires and I said "next week". And yes there will be a fine if you don't get an appointment by then by they can't say when the problem will be fixed.

Right infront of the Ikamet Office, there are some consultants who can help you get an appointment. My Younger brother was having the same issue and that is when his school (international Office) told him to go to these people. Now he has an appointment.

20 hours ago, Zee said:

Right infront of the Ikamet Office, there are some consultants who can help you get an appointment. My Younger brother was having the same issue and that is when his school (international Office) told him to go to these people. Now he has an appointment.

Some people may read this as:  appointments are being withheld so that 'agents' can help people for a commission which will be shared with those who have blocked the appointments. Heaven forbid, not in our Turkey

Dear Ibrahim Abi, I have a lot of love and respect for turkey but you are right that is what I was thinking too. Given that there are known issues with the website it has caused problems for so many people and then immigration doesn't seem to acknowledge this issue. In my particular situation, my brother fell in love with turkish and decided to learn turkish language during his 30 days tourist visa. The university told him that he can apply for Ikamet within 30 days and get a permit for the duration of his studies, which he did but on the day of appointment (which was not available within the 30 days and only after 49 days) he was told that there was a mistake and he has to apply again, he did that (with the help of the outside agents as both him and I tried and we could not get an automatic interview date), now that date is of early March (nothing available before that in istanbul) and we are not sure if my brother should stay in or leave the country, as he could not get an interview the same day/week (as his first interview) and now since it is so far off we are nervous and tried to contact Ikamet office again but only to find out that my brother now has to leave the country and come back again if he wants to study and even then it is no guarantee that he will be able to apply and get an interview again in time.

As you can see from our first hand experience none of the issue caused is from our own wrong doing, we were simply following the guidelines but the response is certainly unfair. I am not sure if it is common but certainly needs improvement.

Like in UK or US I am not sure if there is any option to have an appeal either. Thoughts ??

I cannot offer suggestions about your predicament. It is disappointing that this appointment fiasco is still a fiasco one year on. at this time last year we helped a friend get residency when she could not get an appointment in Istanbul. Someone should be held accountable but I have no idea who or where to go to solve it.