Ken Grubb

Off to Kuşadası

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I booked a flight in the morning, headed for Kuşadası to stay with friends through the holidays. I'm really looking forward to it. While I like Antalya, a change of place for a while will do me good.

My flight from Antalya to Izmir (I then take the bus to Kuşadası) was ony $19 USD! That's less than I used to pay for a taxi to the airport.

Congrats Ken, you will still pay more for the taxi though. Airport taxis are a scam in Izmir with the two light system, night rate during the day. I used to take the taxi to the local Migros and then pick up another on the day rate to take me home. But I do have a Scottish wife!

Ken Grubb likes this

I thought there was no longer a night rate. Thankfully the AntRay light rail system has a stop near my house, and it now goes all the way to the airport. Taxi fair is around 45 TL ($12 USD) now, with the dollar now trading around $1 USD to 3.5 TL.

IbrahimAbi likes this

Just take the Havas...or in your case the metrorail?

Havas cost is 10tl...it takes a little while longer to get into town...but hey its cheap!

http://www.havas.net/en/OurServices/BusServicesAndCarParkingFacilities/ServicePoints/Pages/Izmir.aspx

What is the cost of the metro rail?  And if you get on @ Menderes, what stops are there close to say Hilton? 

IbrahimAbi likes this

In Antalya, there's only one Havaş bus stop, and it's a long way from where I am. The Antray stop is just a few blocks away. I think it costs something like 2.50 Lira to go anywhere along the line, including the airport. I never really look at the price, I have the transport card and just top it up when it gets low.

In Izmir, you can take the İzban light rail from Adnan Menderez Airport to the Hilal stop, then change over to the metro at Hilal. Then take the metro to Çankaya. from Çankaya you can walk to the Hilton.

izban.jpg