Sign in to follow this  
Butterfly777

What happened here? How can I find out if I'm banned?

Rate this topic

I used 60 days from an evisa for January and February. I was then on a students residence permit from 1 March to 1 June. During June I thought I was able to use the last 30 days from the evisa from earlier in the year. In July I started a new evisa and over July, August and September - I've probably used about 75 days, as I went away for a few days here and there. When I left Istanbul I was stopped and fined by the customs. They took a June as part of my new evisa, and said I've overstayed, so I missed my flight. Then he ripped up the paper with the fine and so he told me to book a new flight. Am I banned? How can I re-enter?

Your evisa would have expired,it's only valid for 6 months  [ Jan to June ] ,so when your student residency ran out,you were in effect here illegally.

You should now contact the Turkish Embassy in your home country & ask them to contact Immigration in Turkey to find out your situation.

Please be very careful about visa overstay as this is never welcomed or liked by any immigration or border control; good luck hopefully it would not be a ver long ban maybe a six month.