Sign in to follow this  
Guest jessieangharad

Turkish boyfriend and national service

Rate this topic

Guest jessieangharad

Hello all! I was wondering if someone could lend me some advice regarding the Turkish national service. 

My boyfriend has said that he will be starting his 1 year service this coming January. He has already told me that for the first few weeks/month there will be little or no contact at all, but after this time he will be able to contact me for short periods of time. He also said that after May he will be able to take two weeks leave so that I can travel to Turkey and spend time with him during his leave. 

I am aware that it is going to be very difficult without contact as we talk all the time, and I am going to miss him very much. But I was wondering if someone has been through this experience and can advice me what it is going to be like for him, can he take his two week leave and if he will be able to contact me during the time? Also, does he get any sort of income while doing his service?

Thank you in advance, Jessie

He is right, in the first couple of weeks there are scrutiny for new comers to military and cell phones are not allowed. There are pay phones on the other hand at every barracks but since you are living outside of the country it could be difficult to communicate.

For your second question, yes he can able to take furlough up to two weeks. You have to decide the date beforehand and one important issue is that if he is going to east part of the  country the leave of absence may differ due to the situations of the country. He will be paid monthly basis ( as I remembered 60 TL monthly) unless he is not a reserve officer then he will get paid like 2,000 Tl every month.

I hope he is coming back healthy from military.

On 28/09/2016 at 9:09 PM, jessieangharad said:

Hello all! I was wondering if someone could lend me some advice regarding the Turkish national service. 

My boyfriend has said that he will be starting his 1 year service this coming January. He has already told me that for the first few weeks/month there will be little or no contact at all, but after this time he will be able to contact me for short periods of time. He also said that after May he will be able to take two weeks leave so that I can travel to Turkey and spend time with him during his leave. 

I am aware that it is going to be very difficult without contact as we talk all the time, and I am going to miss him very much. But I was wondering if someone has been through this experience and can advice me what it is going to be like for him, can he take his two week leave and if he will be able to contact me during the time? Also, does he get any sort of income while doing his service?

Thank you in advance, Jessie

Hi Jessie

Unfortunately my daughter also called Jessica has been asking these same questions regarding her 'boyfriend' Mehmet Ozdemir which I believe is the same 'boyfriend' you are referring to above.  Please be very careful with this man.

Paula