Sign in to follow this  
Cshaneman

Residence Permit Renewal

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, Cshaneman said:

Thanks for the quick responses. I live in Besiktas but every time I tried to sign up for an appointment in Besiktas it continually told me they weren't able to give me an appointment there, but when I tried the Fatih Goc Idaresi, it gave me an appointment immediately. Hopefully that was the correct thing to do.

Can you tell me what date you applied and what date your appointment is for? I am about to apply for mine and wanted to know roughly how long the wait is now. 

Just done mine and my wife's today (15th Nov) and got an appointment for Dec 10th at the main Fatih office so not too bad.

I only had one problem which I think has caught out some others - last year I accidentally misspelt my Mother's name leaving a letter off. This time I put in the correct name and got all the way to the end where you get the chance to book the appointment and the Book Appointment button was greyed out and not selectable with no clue as to why. So I clicked Update Application and went though everything and took off the correcting letter and the Book Appointment Button then became clickable !

Does anyone know - can you still pay the two fees at a Ziraat Bank in advance of going to the appointment? It tells me what the fees are but on the list of documents it does say anything about bringing receipts. My appointment is 4pm on a Saturday and I don't want to go there and find all ways of paying on the day are closed and have to make another journey back there.

Yesterday isuccessfully completed my RP renewal procedure (expire on 25 december) but no rendez-vous or document shipping has been requested ...when i go to payement page i see this message..whats exactly this means?

2016-11-16_111544.png

Hello everyone again,

Just another question about a potential issue that has popped up for me. I recently moved, I took my lease to get notarized then visited the local Nufus office to register my new address. They registered me, but they registered me to the wrong apartment. It's in the correct building, just the wrong apartment number I had my turkish friend call and talk to them, but they said I couldn't do anything for 20 days. The only problem is my appointment is scheduled for December 1st. So I wouldn't be able to change anything till after my apartment. Any advice on what to do? Some people have told me if I just give them my notarized lease and not mention anything I should be ok, then others have told me that I should just give them the paper that the Nufus office gave me and not say anything. 

So, not sure if that makes sense, but I'm really not sure what I can do. I have everything else ready, but this is the last issue I think I need to resolve. 

Thanks again,

I have been working closely with one of the managers of the Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü (Directorate General of Migration Mangement or DGMM) here in Antalya for quite some time. I do so to make sure everything I present here on Turkey Central is accurate. In fact I just met with him today. If I had your question beforehand I would have asked it.

But after working with them for so long, I think I can safely say that they will do their best to help you with your situation, and there is no need to withhold anything. Just tell them your situation exactly as it is. If there is a problem, they will give you time to sort it out and get back to them with the correct information. This happens quite often, since people show up for their appointments with inadequate or missing documents. When that happens they give the foreigner time to get the required document. So it should be no different in your case. They really are nice folks, their job is to help you, and they are quite understanding when such things occur.

Yeah, I don't really want to withhold anything from them, I was just curious if this might be a common problem people have experienced.

I also wasn't sure if they would give me extra time to allow me to rectify the problem or if they would just deny my application on the spot.

I also had another question. If my visa was denied, would I be required to leave the country for 90 days? I have read online that you can re-enter on an E-visa like the day after your residence permit expires. 

I wouldn't worry about it. If you're in Istanbul I think they only expect to see your notarised rental contact and don't usually want to see anything else. In fact when we posted stuff in last year they just asked for evidence of your address and I just un-notarised copy of the rental contract and it was fine then.

I am picking news of some more difficulties in Istanbul right now. It is true that people are getting their interviews more quickly but an awful lot of them are on Saturdays and Sundays. If people have any need for a follow up visit then it has to be done on a Saturday or a Sunday depending on your day and you have to revisit the same officer who I guess only works on Sat or Sun. Also many people are having afternoon interviews and finding the payment desks close at 4pm after queuing for 4 hours. Or they come back the next Saturday and their guy just isn't there - just an empty seat. Some are into their 4th Saturday visit.

I am not sure what you mean by taxes. But for the Ikamet it is 58.50TL for the card and $80 in TL for the main 1 year fee. It should tell you on your application form exactly how much this 2nd payment is as it depends on the exchange rate. I believe the two items should be paid for separately. You should ask for 2 copies of both receipts. If you can get both done at the bank or tax office before going to the appointment you will avoid potential long waits to pay on the day (desk closes at 4pm).

The latest reports I’ve had from visits to main Fatih Istanbul office last week (1 American, 1 Egyptian) is that they are now asking for Criminal Record checks (without it being listed on the documents required).

That’s a good way to double the number of visits to the office for everybody!

I don't have any idea. I think you should only get if they ask you. A friend reported back on their interview on Saturday to me today and they were not asked to get one. If they want one they'll tell you how to get it I would hope.