Sign in to follow this  
Leoxy

Ziraat charging 45 TL to withdraw 1000 EUR?

Rate this topic

Recently at Ziraat bank in Urla / Izmir, I asked to take out 1000 EUR in cash from my EUR account. They asked me if I was sure because the fee to do this is 45 TL. 

Seems very high and I really expect to be able to take out my money for free ...   not a fan of banks anyway. 

Can this be correct? 

I am planning to open an account with another bank because nobody at the Urla branch seems to speak any English whatsoever. 

Leoxy, maybe the Euros that you wanted to take were in an investment account and by taking them out you would lose 45TL in interest as you were breaking the investment period?

I tried it again yesterday, this time I first asked to withdraw 500 EUR from my EUR account. The requested fee was about 14 EUR. 

Then I asked how much the fee would be to take out 50 EUR, the same, they said 14 EUR is the minimum fee. 

The reason appears to be that I originally opened the accounts at a branch in Antalya, and now I am staying in the Izmir area. 

Also suddenly my Ziraat Mastercard debit card no longer works on n11.com, a few weeks ago I ordered twice without a problem. 

I called the number on the card, they spoke English and explained that ALL Ziraat bank customers are blocked from ordering at n11.com.  Can somebody else confirm this? 

Well, as soon as I have time I will open an account at another bank. Ziraat is useless now. 

The reason appears to be that I originally opened the accounts at a branch in Antalya, and now I am staying in the Izmir area. 

OK I understand what's happening now, the same thing happened to me at Garanti Bank. When you move, and want to withdraw money from a different bank than the one where you deposited the money, you have to transfer your account to that branch first. Then you can take the money out without a fee.