Hi Everybody

I live in Antalya since 2014 and i renewed my ikamet last year for the first time. No troubles at all. Some days ago i read on the internet that there is no guarantee for renewal of Residence Permit issued for touristic purpose. However the same article says that it is guaranteed in case of property owner with tapu. Since i am renting at the moment i am a bit worried.

I would like to know if someone knows something about that.

I don't think anything is guaranteed. As long as you meet with the requirements regarding rental lease, insurance and financial side you should not have any problems. It has been extended once so there should be no reason not to do so again unless you get in trouble with the law or are caught working, or something illegal.

I think they are using that wording, because there is some misinformation going around such as "buy a Turkish property and get a guaranteed residence permit!" and such. Obviously, Turkey is not going to give a residence permit to just anybody, just because  they buy a property, or just because their visa runs out and they want to stay. I have never heard of anyone being refused a residence permit or an extension. Like IbrahimAbi said, if you've gotten one already, it is highly unlikely that they are going to reject your extension unless there is a very good reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...