Sign in to follow this  

Rate this topic

I love the quirkiness of this country. Yesterday I paid a speeding fine online through the Garanti Bankasi website (it was the missus who got the ticket). when I finished and logged out I got a text from Dominos Pizza to say that the payment had qualified me for a special deal. buy one Pizza and get two free. Needless to say we are 50km from the nearest Dominos and don't eat restaurant pizzas anyway, but the thought was nice.

Not to where we live. the speeding fine however was delivered free.

I recently ordered a table from Ikea online shopping. they told me it would be delivered by Horoz logistic. I wondered how this would work, as all the local cargo companies have an office here but not Horoz lojistic. they called me on the phone, each time I spoke we got cut off. The next morning I called them back, they gave me the mobile number of the driver. he had moved on to the next town. I asked him to meet me in the Migros car part at 11:00. he did. the he told me that my box was at the back of the van, he needed to make more deliveries and would be back in 1 hour. Thank God for Starbucks. Sure enough 80 mins later he turned up and I got my table.

We have ordered several things online, when they are sent by normal courier there is no problem. They often call to say that they have been sent and the local office calls us to collect from their office because we are so far out of town. It is not a problem as we go into town at least once a week.