Sign in to follow this  
Sami2016

Hi Speed Internet Access in Antalya

Rate this topic

The Turk Telekom website has a tool you can use to see what kind of internet service any particular location in Turkey has.

It's here:

https://bireysel.turktelekom.com.tr/kapsama-haritasi/Sayfalar/default.aspx

Enter the İl (province), İlçe (county inside the province), then the Mahalle (neighborhood). That will center a marker on that area. Drag the marker around to where you want to check the type of internet access for. Then enter the verification password and it will tell you what package is available there.

Turk Telekom controls the lines, so regardless of what internet company you want to use, this will tell you what it's wired for.

excuse me Mr. Ken, how much is your speed? today someone told me in a best situation with fiber-optic your speed is 25Mbps and in the worst situation (ADSL) it would be 16Mbps. this is right?

I just changed my previous reply, since I couldn't find the tool you need when I first wrote it, but I found it.

Sinan Mahalle, where I live, is wired for "Hipernet."

You can find a comparison for the various packages TTNet offers here:

https://bireysel.turktelekom.com.tr/evde-internet/web/internet/Sayfalar/Tum-Tarifeler.aspx

it didn't need to check it out with that website. you could download a video from Youtube by IDM software and it showed you your download speed. but now it's okay. excuse me Mr. Ken. your DL speed is 36 and you say it's slow?!! are you putting all of us on? (wink) do you know my speed in here is how much? my DL speed is 2Mb and upload speed 1Mb. in this situation I say: thank god, I'm satisfied ... LOOOOOOOOL ... so I think with 35 I'll fly in Antalya ... aren't I? (wink)

I searched but I didn't see anything as the result! I didn't see any explanation about that specific location! where does it appear?

I clicked on WiFi and drag to a sokak but I didn't see any result ... only some explanations to Turkish in below ... not any speed or sth else. if you can put a photo of any result for example for  Yeşilbahçe  mahallesi, I appreciate you.

After you drag the arrow and drop it, a window should appear. Then you enter the verification password and the type of service offered there should display.

Drag the arrow to an actual building instead of the middle of the street. You may be seeing a message saying there is no internet access there if you drag the arrow to the middle of a street.

Use Google translate to translate what it says translate.google.com.

Is your internet Hipernet from turk telekom? how much do you pay per month? how long does it take to connect the internet?

It's from TTNet. TTNet is the internet company run by Turk Telekom. I kept hitting my limit with a previous package, whatever it was, so I went and explained the situation to them and they gave me more of a business package. I don't know what the name of it is, since for some reason I never get any bills in the mail from them (I am supposed to, but I don't).

They also sold me a VDSL modem. I don't know all of the difference between VDSL and ADSL, but the VDSL is much faster, and I have a much higher quota than I did before. So if you want the fastest connection, ask for VDSL.

In Turkey they have places where you can pay all of your bills (utilities, telephone, internet, etc) all in one place for a small fee, so I just give them my TTNet account number, they tell me what I owe, and I pay it. According to my most recent bills it's 85 TL per month. But this is higher than most people pay for regular packages.

how long does it take to connect the internet?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean how long does it take to get internet set up in your house?

yes, I do.

and another question. your internet is wifi or ADSL? I mean you can use your internet in your all devices? laptop, smart phone, pc, tablet ...

yes, I do.

You must first get a residential telephone line.

To do that you must first have a residence permit. You can have other utilities connected without a residence permit, but not a telephone line.

The article I linked to explains the process. It takes about an hour at the telephone company, then a couple of days before someone comes out and makes the connection. After that you can get residential internet.

As mentioned above, my residential internet is VDSL. WiFi is a wireless connection. So while my VDSL connects the modem to TTNet via an actual landline, any wireless device can connect to my modem, if the user has the correct user name and password to connect with it (just like at any cafe or restaurant, etc). Any modem you get from TTNet these days will have WiFi capability.

it's interesting that download speed is high but upload isn't. and I checked out the turk telekom website and had just been written download speed (from 16 to 100) but not upload speed!

Upload speed is always a lot less than download.

Since most users spend much more time downloading (which includes viewing web pages or multimedia files) than they do uploading, high speed Internet providers have designed their systems to give priority to downloading. So if your upload speed appears to be slower than your download speed, this is probably expected.

I wasn't able to use the turk telekom website to understand about the capability of areas, unfortunately.

who can help me and check out for me about antalya >  Yeşilbahçe mahallesi ... which connection in this area is used? fiber-optic or regular by telephone line?

thank you.

You'll have to find out which street you are going to live on first.

for telephone line and internet connection we have to get our residence permit, and without it we can't get both.

well, if I rent a home with optical-fiber, one of issues will be solved. but now for getting your internet I'll have problem.

maybe the process of my residence permit takes several months. how can I live without internet?!!!

is there any way to solve this issue?

The process of getting a Residence Permit takes about three weeks at the moment.