Rate this topic

If I'm unmarried, female, over 18 am I considered a dependent of my father in terms of if he decides to get the long term residence permit I would also qualify? I'm sure he would qualify since he lived here for 2 decades with a work permit. He is a teacher and over the age limit for working as a Turkish teacher, so he prefers not to get citizenship. But I would also like to know, if he did get citizenship wouldn't I qualify for citizenship too? 

If I'm unmarried, female, over 18 am I considered a dependent of my father in terms of if he decides to get the long term residence permit I would also qualify?

Unfortunately, no. The requirements for the long-term residence permit don't extend to dependents. They only concern the individual applying for a long-term residence permit.

if he did get citizenship wouldn't I qualify for citizenship too? 

Again, no. Foreigners are considered individually for citizenship, and each person must meet the citizenship requirements before they can apply for citizenship.

The only thing you can do is get a short-term residence permit and keep renewing it until you meet the time requirements for  a long-term residence permit or citizenship. Even then, that only qualifies you to apply for a long-term residence permit or citizenship. It doesn't actually "guarantee" either of them.

If a child of born from a Turkish parent in a foreign country, but no papers were filed for the child to ever get Turkish citizenship, what requirements does that person need to meet to get their citizenship (other than proving they have a Turkish parent)?

If a child was born in Turkey to foreign parents and one of the parents becomes Turkish, what does that person need to prove other than they have a Turkish parent?