Sign in to follow this  
mustikn

dual turkish- british citizen- questions about becoming a reserve officer (yedek subay) ??

Rate this topic

Hello

I am a dual turkish- british citizen and am thinking about completing my military service as a reserve officer, i have a BA degree in political science from a british university and my turkish is ok. i am also a qualified english teacher with 3 years teaching experience. does anyone have any information about being selected as a reserve officer, the training, the treatment, specific job in army according to skills and qualifications? any information would be useful. thanks

Welcome Mustikn, 

Based on your qualifications you have a highly chance to become a reserve officer, When you are at the recruiting center, civil officer asks you to whether you want to be a reserve officer or not, Sometimes they forget to ask, you have to ask for it.

They will give you a form for the nomination, obviously your english is perfect which is an important criteria for the army,  Normally, for reserve officer army selects dentists,engineers and doctors. But sometimes for NATO positions it will require your capabilities and qualifications.

All reserve officers will be trained in Ankara for 3 months, then you will deploy to another city, last 1 month to finish your serve your rank will be upgraded to lieutenant.

No, unfortunately no language course providing from army, I've applied for reserve officer but I did not selected, I completed within six months..

Sometimes, one of commanders needed a person who knows english, for the purpose of themselves or for their kids to teach them. And then they make you their aide If you are not selected as a reserve officer.

You are welcome,

Well they always choose dentist, doctors and mostly engineers. They look at your college degree, your foreign language skills, health situation, and background check. 

Based on your position, your boot camp city differs. For example;

Medical - Samsun
Infatry, Infantry Commando - Istanbul and Isparta / Egirdir
Artillery, Tank, Intelligence  - Ankara
Logistic, Military Engineering , Personnel - Izmir

After being spent 3 months, lottery will be picked and your next station will be determined. Approximately you will get 2,000 + TL, But I don't remember will they be pay you on the first three months. 

About me, It was fun and had an amazing experience, Of course it was difficult to adapt in the first, but If you love and know how to spent a time, it will be past rapidly. 

If you want I'll explain with details ( pretty much everything), Let me know after you applied to army.