Sign in to follow this  
Norhbell

Marry a turkish man

Rate this topic

Hello everyone,

İ am new in the site, i dont know yet how to use it properly, i just wanted to share a bit of my story hoping to have some advices from people in same situation , or just to be heared.

İ am engaged with a turkish since months, at first everything was going well and i felt his love like a normal relationship. But after being engaged he first bloked me from whatsapp ( he said it doesnt work with him), than days later he asked me to delete our facebook accounts , because there are bad girls on his list and may make problems...anyways i accepted. Later i oppened mine to reach with some friends and saw he oppened his account back but i was deleted ! When i asked he said he is just using it for playstation games! İ dont know if this makes sens.

İn another side , when we talk about marriage there are a lot of excuses, like he is not ok and have no moral ( because he has some problems) , and his salary is not enough ...

Can someone tell me what's the minimum salary for to live in Turkey? And how much average is for to rent a flat?

İ'm so confused...

Hi Norhbell , Firstly I welcome you to the Turkey central, I remember my days when I arrived here a few years ago, seeking guidance and advice from this brilliant community. Please don't think you are the only one experiencing this ordeal, actually I came across quite a few similar stories in the past. In my opinion you have been quite brave to face the fact that your fiancé has behaved in a rather irresponsible manner. A partner who doesn't value or care, isn't worth waiting for..

In my opinion the basic cost of living for a couple in Istanbul would be around 3000 TL , well it all depends on your lifestyle and what part of Istanbul you choose to live.

best regards.

Hello Silkroute

Thank you so much for reply, and i am glad to be a member of this nice and helpful community.

As i read, there are lots of similar stories, that's right. And honestly i am scared...

You said that a minimum for a couple living in İstanbul is around 3000 TL, and his salary is almost the half ! Please do you have any advice for me? Like how and where can i find a job ? 

Thanks a lot 

Hello.

I think the least of your worries should be the particulars of finances in Turkey, as I don't see your man as being sincere.

Blocking you from accounts and reopening others?  Sounds waaaay shady.  Also, do his parents know about you?  Lots of questions to answer before even thinking about this guy in a serious way, I'm afraid...