Sign in to follow this  
Daisylovesflowers

HELP - Holiday in Canada - IMPOSSIBLE!

Rate this topic

Has anyone tried to get a simple holiday visa for someone from Turkey?

We're shocked by the type and detail of information the Canadian government requires - we have already been rejected once despite doing everything the Canadian government's own website asked.  We've been following up but are wondering if anyone out there has tried to obtain a tourist visa to visa Canada for a couple of weeks.

Any success stories?  If so could you please let us know how you did it and provide some useful suggestions on what to say, what to include?

Some of our reasons for rejection include: reason for travel (what's wrong with taking a holiday!!), family in Canada (our family is in Turkey - are only people with family in Canada allowed to travel there for a week or two??), and family in Turkey (with parents, six siblings and extended family all living in Turkey we cannot imagine why we were rejected on this basis).

Any replies are appreciated - we've been working on this for months and are now due to lose thousands of dollars due to lost bookings because the process has proved difficult.

Many thanks!

I've had applied for study visa 3 years ago simultaneously with my friend, both are wanted to go a language school. Anyway, mine was rejected but my friend was the lucky one that time. The reason of rejection they said that my travel log ( I mean, I've never been abroad before) and financial statement. When I asked my friend after he got his visa he said that he had showed a lot of asset as a prove for binding to Turkey. ( such as, a car belong to him on the paper and a land title) 

I don't understand why your visa request has been rejected, maybe now, they are looking deeply to requests from Turkey in the light of terror issues.

I hope you and your family will obtain a visa for a holiday.