Brits Abroad! How We Act.

Rate this topic

There is not one single place in downtown Antalya, Lara, or Konyaaltı where one can get a "proper English breakfast." I had never even had one before I came to Turkey, but the English breakfast is the ultimate. I have to move to where the Brits are to get a "proper English breakfast."

No Ken, believe me you don't. Just visit, stay a night and travel home. Much better, believe me. Fly to TRNC for  a few days, do some shopping, enjoy the breakfasts, some excellent restaurants, and then fly back to Antalya. You will appreciate being home after all the Brits in TRNC.

• 1 year later...

I find that shocking that you cant get the Full Monty somewhere in Antalya, I was only there once and it appeared pretty international (Look where I am at) after all I was there during the Altin portakal film festival. I do remember being in Bodrum and lots of places were catering to the Brits and I saw adverts on the street for Full English Breakfasts but I don't know about their authenticity, I don't eat pork therefore I never investigated. I do miss Soda Frys though from the UK It's been so long since I have been to Ulster, I have practically forgotten about them.

I was standing behind some Brit in the chemist (pharmacy) in Turkey once, I was stunned to hear them tell the pharmacist that 'I am feeling a little under the weather' How on earth is a second language (at best) person supposed to understand that? I could go on....

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:30 AM, IbrahimAbi said:

I was standing behind some Brit in the chemist (pharmacy) in Turkey once, I was stunned to hear them tell the pharmacist that 'I am feeling a little under the weather' How on earth is a second language (at best) person supposed to understand that? I could go on....

You think that is bad? I was at Buckingham Palace a few years back and I heard an American tourist saying, "I wonder why the hell they built this place so close to the Airport?"

Yes, sometimes you just say things without joined-up thinking. I remember sitting in the amphitheatre in Bodrum looking out to sea, and telling the missus quite seriously that 'They must have had a cracking view of the castle when they were watching those plays'. It took me a moment catch on to why she was laughing.

Perhaps I'm a tad bias but somehow your "mistake" seems to be a bit more forgiving. If I said your comment to my missus I think she would have agreed with the "Cracking view of the castle."