Sign in to follow this  
RyanFahey

small business shipping small packages directly to customers in the US from Turkey

Rate this topic

My wife wants to start an online business shipping clothing items directly to the US from Turkey. I am assuming initially this would just be relatively low volume sales, but I don't want her to cause any trouble for us. 

1.) I want to know if it's possible to inexpensively ship small items (think t-shirt size or smaller) from Turkey to the US, and if so, I'd like to hear any suggestions you might have. 

2.) If it isn't practical to send things directly to customers from inside Turkey, my wife is considering sending things in bulk to the US and having a family member take care of the domestic shipping as orders come through.

3.) Is this something that would require a bunch of import or export fees?

Hi Ryan,if your wife intends to purchase clothes here in Turkey to sell & ship abroad ,she will need to have a work permit ,register & pay taxes here..Before she can think of applying for an ''independent work permit'' she must have held continuous RP's for a minimum of 5 years.

but what is the best way to ship t shirts for example out of turkey to various countries?

Is using PTT the best affordable option? and do they have accounts where you can get discounts depending on quantity and frequency etc?