Bringing work-permit under my own company

Rate this topic

Hi Shoala,a WP is only valid for the company you are working for and who applied for your WP. If you decide to move or start up by yourself,you will need another fresh permit.

Also you will need to obtain your own personal RP for the time you are not officially employed.

Please bear in mind you have to have held RP's continuous for 5 years before you can be self employed.

Hey Redders,

someone told me he can get me WP under a friends company ( owner is ex-police ) and then if I want I should pay like 1000TL penalty and my work-permit can be transferred under the new business. ( is this true or possible ? )

I wanted to ask them for WP then I register a new company and transfer that working visa under my own company.

someone told me he can get me WP under a friends company ( owner is ex-police ) and then if I want I should pay like 1000TL penalty and my work-permit can be transferred under the new business. ( is this true or possible ? )

Not according to the law.  You have to get permission to work for the new company as well, and you have to apply for a new work permit.  I don't know if having already had a work permit will help you or not... I doubt it. But in any case it isn't like you get a work permit and then work for any company you want and move from company to company. It doesn't work like that. The ministry of labor gives company A permission to hire you. If you then go to work at company B, Company A can't transfer the work permission to company B, because the work permission isn't for company A to give. Only the ministry of labor can do that. And at each company, a different situation exists.  So each employment situation has to be examined individually before work permission can be given.

Since you are dealing with labor laws, I think it would be better to consult a lawyer about this. It would cost you less than 1000 TL, and you would get reliable advice from a legal professional rather than from somebody who may not know what they are talking about.

Thank you again Ken, you're always there to help us

Thats what I was thinking about, I already knew that if the company A get me work-permit I can't go and work for my own company or company B, i was just wondering if it does have any effect ( help ) on getting the new work permit for second company ( mine or others ) ? By help I meant like making exception for 5 Turks rules ....

if you know any lawyer in Ankara or someone i can ask about work permit matters please PM it to me.