Rate this topic

Hello all, so today I was gonna go through the online renewal thing, but I got the following message:

• You must apply to Provincial Directorate of Migration Management in your province since the period of your residence permit is expired.[103]
  • Applications for extension shall be made within sixty days prior to the expiration of the residence permit and, in any case, before the expiration of the residence permit.[106]

So, my question is: do I now have to do the whole thing like before? Getting an appointment and going there and suffer through all the stress that entails? Would it be at the same place as before? Not sure what a Provincial Directorate of Migration Management is! (I live in Kadikoy btw)... Added thing, just did the math and my ikamet expires on March 27th, which is more than 60 days anyway... so... confused and stressed again, like I am every year!

Also... last year I had proof of 300 dollars per month, but they said they didn't it so they didn't even look at it. Now it must be 500? With the current exchange rate, this seems ridiculously high!

Do you currently have the "blue book" residence permit? We have another member who is having this same problem, here:

His permit also isn't expired bu the system is saying that it is.

I've never seen this situation come up before. It seems to me there might be a glitch in the computer system. I think the best thing to do would be to go to the Directorate General of Migration Management (DGMM) office and inform them about the situation, or call ALO 157, the customer service information line for residence permits.

I know, but it's not 60 days... I did the math and it's 65 days or something, that's why it's pretty frustrating. It means that in 5 days (and obviously there's no way I'll find a solution by then) it will actually be too late. Unfortunately, I learned about the 60-day rule only today. :/

I am sure the message is meant to mean that you cannot apply UNTIL 60 days before the expiry date. In 5 days it should accept you application. If you do it then though you have to send all your documents in within 5 days, including insurance. Few if any insurance companies will give a policy that will start in 60 days time. I would say it's better to wait until a few days before expiry and time your insurance to start then. You can apply for a full year but you will only get a new permit up until when you insurance expires.

Wow. GrahamN, you're right. I feel very, very stupid now... :) My go-to reaction when it comes to the RP is panic, stress, anger so I saw a big scary message and my brain decided that it was bad news. But yes, you are right... thank you for pointing this out.

Again: feeling very stupid now and sorry for having wasted everyone's time! :o 

This being said, I'm sure I'll have some kind of problem soon so I'll come back to rant and rave and foam at the mouth. :)

Don't worry Kamdine, we have all been in a panic from some problem or other that turned out to be misinterpretation. :) You'll laugh about it before long.