Moving to Antalya in next couple of weeks

Rate this topic

Hello Turkey Central How are you Guys? As my wife exams are almost over i just wanted to double check everything and get things managed for our move in next couple of weeks.

We are 5 person planing to move ( me and my wife / my brother and his wife + a 2 years kid / and my friend ) its going to be 5 application.

We plan to move and monitor the turkey market and the start a new business for living/earning These are my questions

1. Do they still give RP for 12 months?
  2. Do we still have to show 6,000 USD per person? Can I open an account for myself and deposit 6k, get the statement/report and then withdraw it and and open another account with that money for my wife? Or the money must be in account till we get RP Since the kind doesn't need to apply for separate application, does 6k money for kid still needed? Is there any limit on kids age?
  3. I understand that registering a company doesn't give me work permit and I will be just considered as a share holder and if I want to get work permit I have to hire 5 turks. But if my business doesn't need 5-6 person to work for? Its ok that I just hire 2-3 Turks and the do all the just and I just stay the boss and not to work? I mean I be just the manager and I don't work I just tell worker what to do !! Is this ok?
  4. Any idea about best neighborhood in Antalya (We want to have access to buss metro shopping centers and of beaches) We are thinking about Konyaalti or Lara Can you tell me how Kepez is? Is it far? Are there all thing I mentioned?
  5. I was checking on https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr and seems like all calendar dates are taken for next 3 months and I only can get 3 month visa on my entry? What will happen to us? What should we do?
  6. Please also tell me what the best mobile/internet/ Bank (I buy a lot of things online ) in anyway? I want to search about them and see if the cover all my needs.

Thank you so much for reading and please answer every single question with as much details as you can give since we Best wishes and thank you in advance.

Please see the articles on residence permits here:

Residence Permits in Turkey

As far as I know, nothing has changed and these articles are current.

Regarding depositing the money, withdrawing the money and then re-depositing it for someone else, I have know people who have done that. And the only thing checked by the Göç İdaresi was the deposit slip and nothing else. But now I have read in a separate post here that in one case they have asked for more history on the bank account. I don't know if they would do that in your case or not.

"does 6k money for kid still needed? Is there any limit on kids age ? "

From what I understand, your child has to get a short-term residence permit (same one as you) with the same requirements. However, after a year you can apply for a family residence permit for your spouse and child which only requires the amount of the minimum wage in Turkey (I think it's 1000 TL per month now, so 12,000 TL in the bank), and 1/3rd of the minimum wage for children. The family residence permits are good for two years. There is no limit on children's ages.

"3) I understand that registering a company doesn't give me work permit and I will be just considered as a share holder and if I want to get work permit I have to hire 5 turk. But if my business doesn't need 5-6 person to work for? Its ok that I just hire 2-3 turk and the do all the just and I just stay the boss and not to work ? I mean I be just the manager and I don't work I just tell worker what to do !! Is this ok ? "

Whether it is okay or not is up to the Turkish government, and according to their laws it is not okay. But I have of heard of cases where people have gotten work permits to work in their own companies without hiring five Turks... etc... he had a lawyer arrange a few things for him, and the lawyer knew a few people in Ankara. So while the law says you can't, it doesn't always mean you can't. I know a good English-speaking lawyer in Antalya, if you would like his contact information I can PM it to you.

"4) Any idea about best neighborhood in Antalya ( We want to have access to buss metro shopping centers and of beaches ) We are thinking about Konyaalti or Lara Can you tell me how Kepez is ? Is it far ? Are there all thing I mentioned ? "

I think I've already covered that about Antalya in another topic in the Antalya forum.  The Metro doesn't go out to Lara or Konyaaltı, but it does go through Kepez. Kepez seems to be a very large area on the North side of the city, but I don't know much about it. The last stop on the Metro on it's northern leg is Kepez.

For mobile, internet, and banking, please see the related articles in the articles section. Which one is best is a matter of personal preference I think.