Sign in to follow this  
IbrahimAbi

Guess what I was told today

Rate this topic

I thought it would be interesting to share some of the tales we are told on a daily basis:

Discussing with a workman the other day about how he prepares his chicken for a barbecue. We move on to fish, he asks if we eat local fish (we live close to a large lake). I tell him yes, there are people who catch and sell within 4 km. 'Oh you don't want to eat fish from round this part, they taste of mud, you need to buy fish which has been caught in an other area, about 12 km away'.

I always smoke them with apple wood, so they taste like smoked fish. Season them well first for about half an hour, put them on the Barbie with a handful of wet apple chips, close lid of Barbie with vents open, turn over after about 6 mins. Serve with chips and mushy peas, or Turkish bulgur cooked with tomatoes. Have not tasted any mud.

I was talking to someone about e-cigarettes. He said "those are worse than real cigarettes." I asked him where he heard this, and he said some friends of his told him. I asked him if they were doctors, or were in some way qualified to make this judgment. He seemed a little irritated that I would question his friends' qualifications. and he said no. I asked him if he had read this anywhere or researched it, but he said they weren't. But he insisted e-cigarettes were worse than real cigarettes, because his friends told him this.

I was talking to someone about e-cigarettes. He said "those are worse than real cigarettes." I asked him where he heard this, and he said some friends of his told him. I asked him if they were doctors, or were in some way qualified to make this judgment. He seemed a little irritated that I would question his friends' qualifications. and he said no. I asked him if he had read this anywhere or researched it, but he said they weren't. But he insisted e-cigarettes were worse than real cigarettes, because his friends told him this.

http://www.naturalnews.com/048615_e-cigarettes_toxic_chemicals_nicotine.html

Maybe his friends had just read something in the papers or on the internet?  So much info to research & draw one's own conclusions! :)

Chatting to my local barber recently. The conversation started about a break in in his house. I commented that we really do not have anything which is valuable and easily transportable, not even one piece of gold in our house. my missus did not even want a ring. He then told me that Muslim me must not wear gold. (I knew this but did not know the reason), so I asked him. He explained that it is OK for women but 'as men have (slight pause), you know, an organ' gold weakens it. Silver, platinum fine, but not gold as it will 'weaken your organ'