Sign in to follow this  
DrHassan

Hope to advice and guide me please,,

Rate this topic

Last month I was in Istanbul ,,,it was first time  visit the beautiful city,,,really very beautiful ,,

really deeply  I want become a Turkish citizen,,Ian not looking for job or money ( iam Doctor work in Qatar ,born in Qatar  so money I have more than enough alhamdulliallah) 

I want to acquisition of citizenship only to buy a house there and maybe open a business when I retired and  I want visit my loved country freely. Anytime
please, advise and guide me  what I have to do? Can I contact  for example  with the Turkish president  or any VIP person can help me.?
Thanks...

Hi,firstly to apply for Turkish citizenship you must have held Residence Permits for 5 years or more. Then if you meet that criteria,the first step is to go to your local Nufus office to obtain the relevant paperwork to start your application.

You don't need to be a Turkish citizen to buy property or live in Turkey. And you don't have to buy property to live in Turkey. You can simply come to Turkey on a visa and apply for residence. For the citizens of most countries, they just need to know if you have a place to live (provable by a rental contract, it shows that you actually live here), and enough money to live on (generally $500 USD or equivalent in a Turkish bank for each month you want to live here, which shows that you will not be working illegally). With that, people from most countries can get a "short term residence permit," which is valid for one year but which needs to be renewed every year.

The rules are different for different nationalities. I don't know what they are for Qatar. So I would suggest going to your local Turkish embassy or consulate and ask about the entry requirements for a travel visa. Then, after you come to Turkey on that visa, apply for a residence permit.

hi,excuse me i have a questuion about this topic..

i want come to turkey to study dental there and i heard from someone said that if i finish my study there then live in there and work for 6 month i'l be citizen of turkey so i can go to other Europe contry's..because of being turkey's citizenship..and i didn't need to visa and i will can go to that countries without any visa..is this really true?!

No Sarah it isn't true. Turkish citizens need a visa to go to European countries.

No Sarah it isn't true. Turkish citizens need a visa to go to European countries.

oh really:(

are you sure about it!?:(

i was so happy because of that but now.....:(

Cukurbagli is right, EU implies visa to Turkish passport.

:( okay:(

Last month I was in Istanbul ,,,it was first time  visit the beautiful city,,,really very beautiful ,,

really deeply  I want become a Turkish citizen,,Ian not looking for job or money ( iam Doctor work in Qatar ,born in Qatar  so money I have more than enough alhamdulliallah) 

I want to acquisition of citizenship only to buy a house there and maybe open a business when I retired and  I want visit my loved country freely. Anytime
please, advise and guide me  what I have to do? Can I contact  for example  with the Turkish president  or any VIP person can help me.?
Thanks...

Hey Ken, Look I can quote now, nice job.

I notice that Dr Hasan is trying local Gulf Arab ways VIP person! It is called 'wasta' in Arabic 'Torpil' in Turkish 'influence' in English. Only works is you are Iranian and know prominent government figures.

Hey Sarah,

Well as far as your profile says you are an Iranian citizen. I do not see how in six months you can get Turkish citizenship. But if you manage to acquire a Turkish passport. This is true that you need a visa to go to any Schengen country or United Kingdom (a separate visa since it is not part of schengen zone). BUT do not be sad there is a good news; being a Turkish citizen it is al ot easier to get a Schengen visa as compared to an Iranian passport because of on going sanctions on Iran by the EU and UN. So if you manage to get a Turkish citizenship this will be at least 70% easier and more changes to acquire a schengen visa as compared to what chances you have right now as being an Iranian.

P.S Turkey is on it's way to get a visa free regime with EU for touristic purposes (90 days in every 180 days, only for tourism no work) like Albania, Moldova etc... Those are not part of EU but enjoy such privilage. And to let you know the high ranking Turkish citizens (doctors, lawyers etc) enjoy EU visa free regime for touristic purpose (90 days in 180 days). For most of them the visa taking is just a piece of cake. So nothing to be sad. Just go for it.