neselicocuk

Turkish nationals should have the right to enter EU countries without a need of visa

Rate this topic

1. Turkish citizens should not pay anything for visa.

2. Borders within the EU and borders between the EU and Turkey do not exist anymore since refugees easily leaking from here.

3. You don't really secure your country when you ask for visa. There are already millions of people entered Europe who can be potential threat to European Civilization.

4. Europe should not discriminate Turkish citizens anymore while thousands and millions of refugees and migrants entering into Europe without a need of visa and even passport.

Letting thousands of illegals without a visa and passport and asking Turkish citizens for visa does not really improve Europe's border security.

Generally the need for Visas is reciprocal, Europeans need visas for entering Turkey and Turks need visas to enter Europe I cannot see a problem with this arrangement. It is the same as the old system to buy property in Turkey... you can buy if a Turk can buy in your country. Simple really.

Well this is unfortunate; I agree that Turkish citizens must be allowed to visit any EU state visa free for tourism purpose. But to get a residence permit or other sort of documents those people need to acquire a visa; 

EU is not allowing all Turks visa free entry because they are afraid that people will come in mass migration to EU and wont return back and disperse. This is not entirely false but there can be other solutions and steps which can be taken to avoid those people uneligble to enter.

Perhaps there are some rules if you are not aware which allow Turkish doctors, lawyers (AND SOME OTHER high profile professions) to enter EU without visa (or with visa) but with very minimal requirements. But this is not open and up for all Turks.

I don't understand why Turks feel that they should be entitled to visit any EU country without a visa. British people are required to get a visa to visit Turkey. Surely a reciprocal arrangement is not unreasonable.

16 hours ago, IbrahimAbi said:

I don't understand why Turks feel that they should be entitled to visit any EU country without a visa. British people are required to get a visa to visit Turkey. Surely a reciprocal arrangement is not unreasonable.

Hey,

For British people its a visa on arrival, an e-visa is as good as no visa required since it does not require any extra paperwork and it can never be denied but this is not the same case with Turks applying for a UK visa or even any EU member country visa in general even if that country is well below Turkey (Economically and HDI). I think Turkey needs to developed significantly and provide employment to all their (major) population and some other policies must be met in order to get an EU visa free access. 

It is more like a privilege given to strong passports (with stronger economy and overall HDI improved) rather than just being a neighbour or just a part of Europe Custom Union.

For example Moldova and Albania are countries very weaker compared to Turkey both in terms of economy and stability but are still given the right to visa free access to all EU member states (other than the UK); a small population also plays a vital role since a country with a few million residents can't be a big risk of mass migration flow even after visa free access is given but a country with a big population such as Turkey with so many people without job or with need of employment; such privilige can bring more harm rather than good to the EU in general.

Note: There are many countries allowing other countries to visit them visa free or visa on arrival (mainly countries with high tourism but since they are poor, they are not given the same privilege by the WEST; so it is not exactly a matter of reciprocal arrangement. 

When Turkey introduced the e-visa program...it definitely made life way easier (tourism-wise)...on the other hand trying to get a visa to say the USA...you can't just apply and get one online.  I think its more of a security issue more than anything else.  A visa upon arrival or a e-visa program would inundate the already crap DHS (Department of Homeland Security)/TSA (Transportation Security Agency) systems.  Plus the USA or say even UK etc. doesn't want a bunch of random people flooding the country & just not leaving...(looking at you Mexico!).  Although the jobs that no one wants to do, gets done (field/labor workers etc.)...the strain on the welfare system is just too much especially on the average taxpayer.

Sorry...went off on a tangent at the end.

I went to a meeting with the US consulate some years ago. They explained that because there were so many people coming to the USA on tourist visas, then never leaving, they had to put the burden on the visitor to demonstrate that they were going to leave when their visa expired. So they have to show they have a home, a job, investment, something, anything, so they can show that they are not coming to stay permanently.

During the visa application progress ( from Turkey to any Visa-Applied country ) the candidate must indicate a trustable funding to spend abroad, a job that looks almost like sure and shows that the person will be back ( they are usually State Officers, Docs, Engineers, Cops, Teachers and such professions ) and if the person applying doesn't meet these critical requirements, especially the job matters most of the time, since it is the common reason for people to migrate and seek for a better quality life, the candidate can not get a visa. I have been abroad a few times yet and the countries I visited were crowded by Turkish people already. I simply couldn't get enough of the stories told by relatives and friends living in Germany when I was a little kid telling how hard the Turkish people cheat the system and hack the variable to take advantage easily. I didn't think it was that huge of a problem till I went there and see it for myself...

It's not only the tourists but many Turkish people born in Germany or any other similar country that let's Turkish people colonize under their safety, cheat the system and try to spread the Turkish - Muslim culture by rageous means.

There are dozens of stories to tell and discuss on and I'm not absolutely being any kind of racist since I am a Turkish born in a Muslim family myself but I see how middle east wants to take advantage of the west and hate it because of it's strange to the self values.

I can simply point out thousands of people in 24 hours that are burning inside like an V-12 engine to take down the west world due to irrogance, arrogance and lack of historic as well as humanic education.

Any bomb that doesn't explode in Turkey will explode right there, any criminal that doesn't steal in Turkey will move the houses, break the settled cultural measures, any rapist will rape any girl, any under-avarage paid worker who hardly sees meat on their table and gas in their tanks ( even if they have a car lol ) rare as gold will never come back.

I suggest my fellows know Turkish to take a look at this documentary recorded almost a decade ago as I remember.
Japan doesn't apply visa to Turkey, still. But I believe they will have to start doing so by a few years only.

I myself, always damned and insulted bizzarely to the visa proccess since it costed a lot and took a very long time including the psychally challenging discussions and extreme dialogues happening between the Constutational Establishments that provide the visa and the self.

I believe Turkey has a very very long way to get better visa rights including easier, affordable requirements or a full-permit.
Not only the Turks in Turkey but the Syrians live here. We ( Turks ) harrass and go hard on them so badly, they want revenge. Syrians die every day on Turkey soil and they have children, husbands or wifes. They will seek for revenge sooner or later. This is another fact that makes it harder for west to give a full permit. Turkey is a filter during this mass migration crisis and all the rageous immigrants live in Turkey. When the kids grow up, Turkey will blow up. West makes sure It doesn't happen to them any worse than it has happened already. But it will.

History has taught us how the opressioned civilizations turned the tables and caused a loop. West surely owes the east lots of freedom starting from 17th century. Now, the middle east hates the west (especially U.S., actually which country in the world doesn't?). It will be just enough of an observation to spend some time in cities like Konya, Antalya, Bursa, Istanbul, Hatay, Kayseri, Corum to understand how a massive chaotic order breaker it will be if they let Turks without visa in their country. Every single person around me is looking for a way to get out of here. Most of them want it so badly, they try to illegal ways.

There are western-headed Turks in Turkey and they would not think for a second to move out if the visa didn't exist. 
Islamists, crowded poor families will follow them. Will cause a balance loss in the country accepts them. No country wants that.

Realism.

There are turkish nationals that having the chance to enter europe will not come back anymore, this is why there is a visa restriction, not so hard to understand.

Eren made some pretty wide ranging allegations in his post, I hope that others have a more encouraging view of the feelings of Turks in general. My own view is that the visa issue is simply trying to reduce the number of people who stay over, (let's not forget there are a fair number of foreigners who overstay visas when they visit Turkey too), I do know some locals who visit family in the UK regularly and who work in the family restaurant while they are there.

Not only to reduce the stay over but also to keep some angry strangers away, I believe. 

At this state, modern Turkish culture would scavange EU pretty fast if they have a chance.

In my opinion, the modern culture absorbed by the major population making up the most of the Turks as we know today is not morally and ethically suitable to the opposite understandings in west. 

For instance, take a look at how Turks threat their women. 

8 minutes ago, IbrahimAbi said:

I really feel that it is sad that anyone would wish to travel to another country to establish their own culture there. Why not just stay home.

i agree .... Or if you go .... Respect the locals and their culture like I do with turks